Did Gaming_Addiction get those 20 GPU's for 7,50?

There was a thread a while ago by @Gaming_Addiction, he ordered 20 GTX 770's and their prices were screwed on the website, so they were free.

It was 7,50 for shipping though.

January third they should have been delivered and it seriously said that they had been shipped, Gaming_Addiction made a pic of it.

So now we need to wait until he comes online and can tell us what happened and if they actually honored it. :P

I want to know too.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I doubt that they are going to honor it. Glitches happen all the time. Like the Amazon items that show up as millions of dollars.

I would be very shocked if all he paid was ~$8.00 in shipping for 20 x 770s.

Also the dude had a mod delete the original thread because apparently he was getting "DDOS'd" because of it . Sure you were buddy. I don't believe it.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

I doubt it too, it may have been processed but someone had to see it before shipping it off. They probably just refunded the money he spent.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Well we never know. :) We will wait. :P

I doubt that they are going to honor it. Glitches happen all the time. Like the Amazon items that show up as millions of dollars.

I would be very shocked if all he paid was ~$8.00 in shipping for 20 x 770s.

Also the dude had a mod delete the original thread because apparently he was getting "DDOS'd" because of it . Sure you were buddy. I don't believe it.

Why the heck would he get DDOS'd for it? ._.

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

People are asses sometimes.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Also some other dude pretended he was Gaming_Addiction on another forum and used the same pics. I have to say, that other forum didn't look like it had friendly people in it.

People are asses sometimes.

The better question is HOW would he get DDOS'd for it. How would anyone get his IP from the forums? The answer is they wouldn't and it's all probably bs to give him an out to delete the thread least he gets called out on his lie.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

The better question is HOW would he get DDOS'd for it. How would anyone get his IP from the forums? The answer is they wouldn't and it's all probably bs to give him an out to delete the thread least he gets called out on his lie.

Actually I don't think he was a liar.

Mainly because of the other guy who pretended to be him.

Also, I told him at the time to ask a mod to delete it because people would mail that shop left and right.

You seem really convinced this guy is a liar. He seemed like an okay guy and from what I could gather he was seriously contemplating returning them. Liars typically don't fake moral dilemmas.

Actually I don't think he was a liar.

Mainly because of the other guy who pretended to be him.

In reality, I told him at the time to ask a mod to delete it because people would post that shop left and right.

That is true, there was that one guy who pretended to be him and who knows if anyone else did the same thing on other obscure websites.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Especially not on LTT, most honest forum I know.

Also some other person on that different forum found the actual thread here and linked it on there.

This sounds like someone trying to give themselves an out because they got sick of getting called out on a potential lie that they made regarding the 770s topic.

Also no company I know of would honor a pricing error like that.

EDIT: Speaking of glitches my post count is stuck @ 399, should be @ 401-402 lol.

Can a mod/admin please remove my post?

29 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

I have been getting dos attacks all day and I think it is because of my post. http://linustechtips...x-770s-for-790/

PSU

Well perhaps that was a fake excuse to just get his thread removed? I urged him to remove it because of possible outside interference, nobody said he didn't say the DDOS things.

Well perhaps that was a fake excuse to just get his thread removed? I urged him to remove it because of possible outside interference, nobody said he didn't say the DDOS things.

You don't need a fake excuse to have a thread removed. You PM a mod and they remove it.

Also the reason why I know he is lieing or at least exaggerating is this:

I order from Newegg Business at least every 2 months for my job. About 7 months ago I ordered a bunch of Samsung 840 Pro SSDs (64 to be exact) and the total on my invoice didn't come out right (was much less than what it should have been), checked the list price of the drive and they were $14.99 instead of $214.99. Newegg contacted me and let me know they had had some kind of glitch and if I still wanted to order 64 of the drives at their real price. Which I did.

As far as I know, no company has a policy of letting merchandise (in the thousands of dollars) walk through its e-doors for free. Even due to a pricing error. People even play hell when walking into a brick and mortar store and getting something for a mislabeled price if it was marked incorrectly.

PSU

You don't need a fake excuse to have a thread removed. You PM a mod and they remove it.

And maybe somebody did DDOS him, we just can't know for sure thanks to that doofus who posted it elsewhere.

oh god ow this will be like the reddit safe. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

And maybe somebody did DDOS him, we just can't know for sure thanks to that doofus who posted it elsewhere....

Do you know how DDOS works? They have to have your IP address. How would someone get his IP address?

If he was really getting DDOS'd it wasn't because of a forum post he made unless one of the Admins was DDOS'n him or the Admins leaks his IP. And on quite a few forums (most) your IP isn't even visible to the admins.

There is no way you can get someones IP off of a forum as a user. If you think you can, get my IP right now. Don't worry, I'll wait.

PSU

Like I said, we can't know for sure. The probability of him actually getting those 770's for nothing is next to nothing, but there is always a chance and if nothing is confirmed I won't take it as fact

Do you know how DDOS works? They have to have your IP address. How would someone get his IP address?

If he was really getting DDOS'd it wasn't because of a forum post he made unless one of the Admins was DDOS'n him or the Admins leaks his IP. And on quite a few forums (most) your IP isn't even visible to the admins.

There is no way you can get someones IP off of a forum as a user. If you think you can, get my IP right now. Don't worry, I'll wait.

4M8ozGh.jpg?1

Error: 410

There is no way you can get someones IP off of a forum as a user.

And then I am beaten there. However, maybe he didn't know that you could just ask a mod to remove it and thought you needed a good excuse.

Like I said, we can't know for sure. The probability of him actually getting those 770's for nothing is next to nothing, but there is always a chance and if nothing is confirmed I won't take it as fact

That is good logic up to a point. But I could tell you there is a teapot between Earth and Mars but is so small as to not be observable by the most powerful telescope. Would you then surmise that because I made a claim and you can't prove it's real or not, that there exists doubt, there is a chance it is true? Of course you wouldn't. That would be absurd.

PSU

That is good logic up to a point. But I could tell you there is a teapot between Earth and Mars but is so small as to not be observable by the most powerful telescope. Would you then surmise that because I made a claim and you can't prove its real or not, that there exists doubt, that there is a chance it is true? Of course you wouldn't. That would be absurd.

Except errors like this can and have happened and been honored. :P Teapots in space....not so much.

Except errors like this can and have happened and been honored. :P Teapots in space....not so much.

Ok, you show me an example.

PSU