I Need Help (TPLink N900)

I recently bought a TP-Link N900 WIFI card. I received it in shipping and was about to install it on my friends PC. His motherboard is an Asus Maxumis VIII Hero with 3 PCI-E slots. The first slot is empty, the second slot is right under almost hugging the graphics card's left fan, and the 3rd slot is used for his Elgato HD60 Pro. One of the screws from the PCB on the TPLink and the metal bracket hits the plastic shield on the motherboard. I need to either shorten the screws or buy a new pair of them but shorter. I was wondering can anyone help me identify what screws they are? There is no info on the TP-Link site where the N900 is and I tried calling their support line and they won't tell me. They want me to buy another one. I am not going to buy another one. Yes, I know wireless internet "sucks" but my friend's house is not wired in the walls and he can not run a cable throughout half his house. I hope someone on here has one or knows what I am talking about and what the screw is and looks like.

*for the picture sorry I could not find a photo of the other side*

Capture.PNG

Does it physically not fit at all?  Its not really an issue if its not perfectly straight or touches the plastic, as long as the antennas fit okay.

Will the Elgato fit there?

As long as nobody is going to be knocking the antennas or the PC moved around you could even just remove the screws.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

14 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Does it physically not fit at all?  Its not really an issue if its not perfectly straight or touches the plastic, as long as the antennas fit okay.

Will the Elgato fit there?

As long as nobody is going to be knocking the antennas or the PC moved around you could even just remove the screws.

I just want to be sure since I will have to drive it back to his place and he is building a custom desk so he will be moving it. The Elgato might fit but I am personally too "lazy" to move it and I like where it is. I am weird I know. I will see if I can bend it or even remove the metal mounting plate in general. Thank you.

Kinda odd that "replacing the screws" is "easier" for you than just moving the Elgato though.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

9 hours ago, LavaPhoenix said:

I recently bought a TP-Link N900 WIFI card. I received it in shipping and was about to install it on my friends PC. His motherboard is an Asus Maxumis VIII Hero with 3 PCI-E slots. The first slot is empty, the second slot is right under almost hugging the graphics card's left fan, and the 3rd slot is used for his Elgato HD60 Pro. One of the screws from the PCB on the TPLink and the metal bracket hits the plastic shield on the motherboard. I need to either shorten the screws or buy a new pair of them but shorter. I was wondering can anyone help me identify what screws they are? There is no info on the TP-Link site where the N900 is and I tried calling their support line and they won't tell me. They want me to buy another one. I am not going to buy another one. Yes, I know wireless internet "sucks" but my friend's house is not wired in the walls and he can not run a cable throughout half his house. I hope someone on here has one or knows what I am talking about and what the screw is and looks like.

*for the picture sorry I could not find a photo of the other side*

Capture.PNG

First of all I think thats the same card I used to use. If so its a decent card, always got full speeds while on 5Ghz and now since putting the router in my room, my mom is using it for her computer. 

Might I suggest taking one screw out and going to a local hardware store. Maybe they can identify it, or at least you can find a shorter screw with the right threads. You'd be surprised what you can find. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.