Quality of thermal paste on Founders Edition cards?

PrimeSonic

Are there noticeable performance gains to be had if I replace the stock thermal compound on an Nvidia Founder's Edition card with a high end TIM like Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut?

I already picked some up for my CPU.

I'm wondering if it will be worth it to treat my FE graphics card to the same before I get it into my system.

I won't be water cooling for a while this time around, so I'm willing to do this if it means a tangible edge while air cooling in the meantime.

Yes, I understand that the new cards aren't out yet and there's no real benchmarks yet. This is about the inferring from history treads of Founder's Edition cards of generation's past.

---

No the paste is new and should be fine

Main rig                             I also got some cheep lg phone and a chromebook, witch I have been known to mine bitcoin on sometimes

CPU: R5 2400g                        

RAM: 8gb ram

MOBO: msi b350 pc mate 

CASE: Eclipse p300

PSU: 500w corsair

I always test mine then swap it. Even if it is new, that doesn’t say anything about production date. Some companies don’t use the best stuff. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

27 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

I always test mine then swap it. Even if it is new, that doesn’t say anything about production date. Some companies don’t use the best stuff. 

COUGH COUGH Intel

On 12/09/2018 at 4:24 PM, PrimeSonic said:

Are there noticeable performance gains to be had if I replace the stock thermal compound on an Nvidia Founder's Edition card with a high end TIM like Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut?

I already picked some up for my CPU.

I'm wondering if it will be worth it to treat my FE graphics card to the same before I get it into my system.

I won't be water cooling for a while this time around, so I'm willing to do this if it means a tangible edge while air cooling in the meantime.

Yes, I understand that the new cards aren't out yet and there's no real benchmarks yet. This is about the inferring from history treads of Founder's Edition cards of generation's past.

nvidia engineers spent a lot of time and R&D money into the design of a new cooling solution, i would assume they tought about the best interface material they would use very carefully to get the best performance out of it...personally i wouldnt touch the card.

MSI tought about it for the 1080ti Gaming X trio and i'm sure nvidia did has well

Capture.PNG

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR