Article 13 EU parliament approved

NotKalo
Go to solution Solved by SansVarnic,

-= Locked =-

As mentioned above this topic has ben posted already.

If you wish to contribute to the discussion please go to the link in the previous comment to mine.

This is how the article begins. The European Union's parliament approves new copyright rules known as 11 and 13. 
The thing that shocked not only me, but most of the Europe is the fact that the MEPs voted for the latter. 
Article 13 states that technology platforms must filter the things people post on them, and check for copyright infringement. 

Campaigners warn that would probably force internet companies to introduce stringent new automated checks that content must pass before they are posted to platforms like Twitter and Facebook. That could reject anything that even possibly infringed copyright – leading to potentially banning memes that use screengrabs from films, for instance, according to campaigners.

ex.: if there is a meme on 9Gag/Facebook/instagram with your copyrighted picture, you can contact the owners of the platform and ask for any content with this picture taken down. Otherwise they will have to face heavy monetary sanctions.

Julia Reda posted on twitter: 

New filters will mean that legitimate content will be removed from sites accidentally. "Anything you want to publish will need to first be approved by these filters, perfectly legal content like parodies & memes will be caught in the crosshairs," she wrote on Twitter.

/Julia Reda is a pirate party MEP who has actively campaigned against the new measures/

I would further suggest you take a look at this, it will give you more information on the regulations that are to be enforced in the European Union. 

You can see The Cringeтм here: 
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/eu-parliament-copyright-memes-latest-vote-internet-article-11-13-a8534121.html

It has footage of the exact moment it was voted and approved. Uggggh...
I don't think any of the old folks there knew what is going on. 

Share your comments below 

\/ 

10 minutes ago, NotKalo said:

EDIT FOR TITLE: NOT PASSED, sorry. Just EU parliament approved it. 

Indeed. Still going to be on vote in January.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

9 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Indeed. Still going to be on vote in January.

IF YOU LIVE IN THE EU CONTACT YOUR MEP

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

-= Locked =-

As mentioned above this topic has ben posted already.

If you wish to contribute to the discussion please go to the link in the previous comment to mine.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER