Vertical GPU case recommendations

sniip
Go to solution Solved by andrewmp6,

Pretty much any case smaller then atx won't have vertical gpu mount because of its size and the room that takes up.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a Mini atx case that would have a vertical mount and I can't find any... Is there any cases like that or I should just diy one?

that answer would be none for air cooling needs.

mATX vertical mount is limited and by most are mounted too close to the side panel, thus suffocating the air flow to the GPU.

if going the custom water cooling route, then any would be sufficient.

14 minutes ago, sniip said:

12 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

7 minutes ago, airdeano said:

If the vertical GPU in question sits far back from the side panel it'll be fine.

That's just not going to happen in a lot of cases seems like.

Thermaltake P series is probably the best option there

Or just forget about it and get a cheap/effective Fractal Focus G?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

If the vertical GPU in question sits far back from the side panel it'll be fine.

That's just not going to happen in a lot of cases seems like.

Thermaltake P series is probably the best option there

Or just forget about it and get a cheap/effective Fractal Focus G?

Main idea behind this is that I wan't to make my rig look as good as possible. I believe that with a window and verticaly mounted GPU it would look just amazing. Also I don't want to build in a giant case thats why I wanted to know if there is any mATX cases. What I imagined was something like Fractal design meshify C mini but with a verticaly mounted GPU. Also I'm not very handy with diy so I'd like to avoid making my own vertical mount.

56 minutes ago, 1300ny said:

I gues youre talking about mini ITX. If so then what about the Node 202 ?

Not the only one as far as i know, but i built a rig with it and it is quite good

https://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/node-series/node-202

I'd like mini ITX but it's a bit too small. Thats why I tought to build on a bit bigger base like micro ATX. I like Fractal design meshify C mini case but problem with it is that it doesn't have vertical gpu mount...

I think i'll just ditch the vertical mount idea even tho it would look epic... :C

5 minutes ago, sniip said:

You rig isn't even custom watercooled? Wait until your budget is like $10,000 before worrying about aesthetics.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You rig isn't even custom watercooled? Wait until your budget is like $10,000 before worrying about aesthetics.

Well..  it's not watercooled yet... And I don't believe that you need to spend a lot of money for good looking rig. Sure it might cost couple thousand in the end but it doesn't need to cost THAT much... 

8 minutes ago, sniip said:

Well..  it's not watercooled yet... And I don't believe that you need to spend a lot of money for good looking rig. Sure it might cost couple thousand in the end but it doesn't need to cost THAT much... 

Point being is that there's usually something else that can be upgraded before worrying about aesthetics.

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Point being is that there's usually something else that can be upgraded before worrying about aesthetics.

Or I can sacrifice performance for aesthetics... Everyone has different things as priorities

Well not matx but rosewill viper z has a vertical expansion slot in addition to the 7 standard atx slots.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

47 minutes ago, sniip said:

Or I can sacrifice performance for aesthetics... Everyone has different things as priorities

I would never sacrifice performance for aesthetics. For me, aesthetics are good to prioritize as long as they do not significantly impact performance (RGB ram for example) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Pretty much any case smaller then atx won't have vertical gpu mount because of its size and the room that takes up.