Is it possible to connect several wireless headphones to a single tv?

iPotatis

Hello! Just got myself a new samsung smart tv and im wondering if its possible to connect several wireless headphones to it for watching movies at night without shaking the entire house.
Ive got me a pair of wireless logitech headphones that us that little usb knob for connection, conencted the knob to the tv and i wasnt getting any audio, and in the tv settings there were only options for bluetooth and optical audio.
How would i go about pulling this off?

6 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Simply put, those headphones are meant to be used with a PC or something that can recognize those headphones, i.e. not a television.

Are there other headphones you can do this with? im willing to buy new ones but i wanna make sure beforehand.
Ive tried connected 2 things to my phone by bluetooth but itll only play audio to one of them, so i guessed itd be the same case with the tv.

Most wireless headphones are Bluetooth (BT)
BT is mainly a one to one. Hence why you can only use one headset at a time.

I suspect any workaround will require additional hardware (and a bit of trail and error). Samsung audio setting are a pain in the ass... have a quick look at themm before buying hardware to see if it will allow you to have audio output to multiple sources (IE an audio port and BT at the same time).

If you can play via multiple audio outputs You could try connecting additional BT transmitters to jack ports if there are some.

You can get RF headsets that use a base station that transmits a radio signal to as many headsets as you care to use but these can be expensive. 

Regards,
Robin

You'd almost have to use one bluetooth connection to the tv, and one through the aux. I know certain Samsung model tv's do support dual audio out like with headphones and tv volume/soundbar, so I'd imagine you could do one through aux and one through bt. To be honest, that's asking a lot even out of a modern tv, they just don't support it. 

What model Samsung tv is it? I can probably get you a direct answer by tomorrow. I have a few Samsung reps in contact still.

Oh wow thats incredibly generous of you, the model is samsung UE75MU7005TXXC.
I really appreciate it, i have no clue how these things work sadly.

13 hours ago, RobinD said:

Most wireless headphones are Bluetooth (BT)
BT is mainly a one to one. Hence why you can only use one headset at a time.

I suspect any workaround will require additional hardware (and a bit of trail and error). Samsung audio setting are a pain in the ass... have a quick look at themm before buying hardware to see if it will allow you to have audio output to multiple sources (IE an audio port and BT at the same time).

If you can play via multiple audio outputs You could try connecting additional BT transmitters to jack ports if there are some.

You can get RF headsets that use a base station that transmits a radio signal to as many headsets as you care to use but these can be expensive. 

Regards,
Robin

Ill definetely look into the rf headsets, if theyre not mind boggling expensive it might be worth it.
Thanks!

I know Sony makes a pretty decent pair for around $100. We sold a lot of those at Best Buy. Easy setup, good range, good battery life, and comfortable.

This is the model number: MDRRF995RK

7 hours ago, iPotatis said:

Ill definetely look into the rf headsets, if theyre not mind boggling expensive it might be worth it.
Thanks!

They make bluetooth transmitters for TV's that plug in to to the TV's audio ports. The only thing Im not sure how many bluetooth devices these transmitters will connect to. I only know they exist because I was looking at using one to connect my LG tones to my TV, due to poor audio. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.