Antivirus software in 2018?

Do you still use Antivirus software (other than Window's Defender) in Windows 10 in 2018? If so what do you recommend?

Avast, it's gotten a bit annoying with offers but hasn't caused my any issues.

Common Sense is one thing but it can't protect against 0-day attacks.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Just now, Slottr said:

Malwarebytes and windows defender, 

Just don't use your pc like an 80 year old and you should be good

Happy clicker user. 

1 minute ago, rcmaehl said:

Avast, it's gotten a bit annoying with offers but hasn't caused my any issues.

Common Sense is one thing but it can't protect against 0-day attacks.

Avast is who I have used for the longest time. I even used them for Android as well because of the anti-theft features that they provided, until they took away features that were originally free and moved them to premium :/

Don't use AntiVirus Software, use your brain and common sense. Just don't go onto shady websites and download shady things.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Used to use Bitdefender but it is too aggressive on some of my stuff, so I use AVG now

Hello

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

Don't use AntiVirus Software, use your brain and common sense. Just don't go onto shady websites and download shady things.

Brain and common sense didn't save a lot of people from CCleaner V5.34 breached. 

1 hour ago, DaPhuc said:

Brain and common sense didn't save a lot of people from CCleaner V5.34 breached. 

I disagree. Everyone with brain and common sense was safe and happy when it happens.

Only people who believe in magic programs that speed up computers had problems. :)

1 hour ago, r2724r16 said:

Just don't go onto shady websites and download shady things.

Why not? It's computer that most people using for fun. So download everything, explore every website you like, try everything if you're curious. And learn. First lesson - made system images and data backups. I bet that after few months or years you'll know much more than average "safe" user.

What the worst can happen if so many people made reinstall/fresh install/refresh every month anyway? Because of constant reinstalling systems people lose more files than because of viruses.

And btw. - everyone have access to "virustotal" website that scans files against viruses using every possible virus engine (updated). Do you really believe that virus creators never heard of that website? :) No, they made viruses that are immune to AV software, because they have access to the same software as you. Probably even better.

7 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Everyone with brain and common sense was safe and happy when it happens.

No one was safe and happy when Avast announced CCleaner V5.34 got compromised. 

1 hour ago, DaPhuc said:

No one was safe and happy when Avast announced CCleaner V5.34 got compromised. 

No, people who don't use CCleaner (and other "magic" software) was happy.

Quote whole sentence - second line was important too in my post.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

No, people who don't use CCleaner (and other "magic" software) was happy.

Quote whole sentence - second line was important too in my post.

The CCleaner incident indicated common sense is not enough to protect you. 

1 hour ago, DaPhuc said:

The CCleaner incident indicated common sense is not enough to protect you. 

Maybe my english is not good enough to explain what I mean. Basically I don't think that people with common sense uses Ccleaner or any other magic cleaners.

And btw. in that time when that version of CCleaner was downloaded people uses AV software? I bet they are. And what? They was safe? :)

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

Maybe my english is not good enough to explain what I mean. Basically I don't think that people with common sense uses Ccleaner or any other magic cleaners.

CCleaner is safe for cleaning junks not registry cleaner or shit Windows optimization. I use Privacy Eraser and Wise Disk Cleaner. No problem at all. 

1 hour ago, DaPhuc said:

CCleaner is safe for cleaning junks. I use Privacy Eraser and Wise Disk Cleaner. No problem at all. 

For cleaning junks - maybe. But people who uses it use also other functions like registry cleaner etc.

Norton and malwarebytes as a combo. I find most anti virus's catch some things malwarebytes does not and vsia versa so combine they catch almost anything.

I really like using Avasts' boot time scans, what other software provides boot time scans?