I just realised what exactly AMD trueAudio is about

LOST TALE

Have a hear:

I knew it would be aweomse, but not as awesome.

BF4 sound engine is pretty similiar, even with my crappy headset I can say what's going on around me.

yes, any crappy headset would allow it. BF4 has amazing sound, too bad the cpu must work a lot for what is a downgraded version.

And cpu performance increase is almost zero,been a few years, and with no good future. cpu die sizes lowering and shit.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

trueaudio should become like this.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

except I already have decent enough headphones that can do this already, get really open headphones and you can have this experience with all games

IMHO TrueAudio is kinda meh.... AMD pulled this before and then got sued by Realtek for copying.

Any headset should be able to play that video its more in your head that distinguishes where the sounds are coming from and not some technology. Stereo headset can listen to that and hear it correctly.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

except I already have decent enough headphones that can do this already, get really open headphones and you can have this experience with all games

It's not as good as the audio in that video though.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Yep my AD700X's do a great job of positional audio in games.

It's not as good as the audio in that video though.

I have DT 990 pro's and the sound stage on this is incredible, I can pinpoint exact locations of sounds in youtube videos and in game.

btw this test is supposed to work for all headphones no matter how crappy they are.

this is pretty cool, lol

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

BF4 sound engine is pretty similiar, even with my crappy headset I can say what's going on around me.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I have DT 990 pro's and the sound stage on this is incredible, I can pinpoint exact locations of sounds in youtube videos and in game.

btw this test is supposed to work for all headphones no matter how crappy they are.

You can pinpoint the sounds much better in the video than in games though.  In-game I can hear which direction sounds are coming from, whether are behind or above me or anything else but it's way easier to hear exactly where they are coming from in that video.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

You can pinpoint the sounds much better in the video than in games though.  In-game I can hear which direction sounds are coming from, whether are behind or above me or anything else but it's way easier to hear exactly where they are coming from in that video.

did you read the second sentence?

did you read the second sentence?

Yes, you were saying how you could pin-point sounds in a game as well as in that video though.

Yes, you were saying how you could pin-point sounds in a game as well as in that video though.

having a wide sound stage on my headphones like I said in the first sentence of my original response to you...you need to do a better job or reading bruhv

having a wide sound stage on my headphones like I said in the first sentence of my original response to you...you need to do a better job or reading bruhv

I can read perfectly fine, you want to take this outside?

I can read perfectly fine, you want to take this outside?

wow defensive over this? really? I'm just saying that if you use stereo settings and put it as headphones in audio settings of battlefield you can have it yourself, if your headphones are that open, don't really know about the HD 598

Wow, almost shat my pants when he whispered in my ears xD

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

This is awesome lol, feels funny haha

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

Tomorow my hd 558's will arrive, are games truly going to sound this extremely awesome, like hearing even distances? With my closed ears atm, I hear if someone is walking left or right of me, but not how far like in the video.

EDIT: Also, why is it possible that this video makes this kind of sound, but video games don't give the same on all headphones so they sound this way?

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Tomorow my hd 558's will arrive, are games truly going to sound this extremely awesome, like hearing even distances? With my closed ears atm, I hear if someone is walking left or right of me, but not how far like in the video.

since that pair is mid heavy, probably, I don't know the soundstage quality on the 558 but you can try removing the foam inside the headphones to help with that

How about just buying 7.1 headphones?

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

How about just buying 7.1 headphones?

I don't have the biggest knowledge on audio, not at all actually but I've been told that 7.1 for headphones isn't true 7.1 but software-generated.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I don't have the biggest knowledge on audio, not at all actually but I've been told that 7.1 for headphones isn't true 7.1 but software-generated.

Indeed! But you can tell where sounds come from anyway, it's pretty good, feels like a home theater in your head. I strongly recommend it after about a year with my Vengeance 1500.

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //