Why do people hate Windows 8 ??

Cyber023

How do die shrinks help desktop PCs? It is because of the mobile computing market that die shrinks are happening. iGPU helps desktop PC users without a video card I guess. I have experimented with VirtuMVP but if I really want more GPU power I would buy a better video card or 2 for SLI.

Imagine an i7-4770K with no iGPU and the surface area of i7-2600K with lower power requirement than Sandy Bridge. All I am saying is that there should be more choices and options for desktop PC users. I personally will always prefer a CPU with NO iGPU, lower power/temps, better OC.

Tried VirtuMVP with my i7 4770k and Asus R9 280X. After running Valley benchmark with and without VirtuMVP (one time without VirtuMVP, one time with the chord plugged in the dGPU and one time with the chord in the iGPU, and in both of the latter cases) I lost like 10-15 ms. So yeah, don't invest money in a CPU with an iGPU unless you actually want the added failsafe in case your dedicated GPU for some reason dies (which is why I went "Meh" and bought the 4770k because I wanted to build an OC rig - hey, you never know). You can then wait a bit so you don't mess up your budget and avoid buying a subpar GPU in the heat of despair. But this is a bit off topic...

People don't like Windows 8 because... it doesn't have the Bliss wallpaper.

Thoroughness rating
#########

Change is bad until people realize it's good. But in my experience, general opinion is that Windows 8 is a good OS. Personally, after getting a Surface 2 I miss a lot of features on my Windows 7 laptop.

There are people that have a few legit reasons, like old hardware and software compatibility and maybe some other things. For the average home user and enthusiast, Win 8/8.1 is MUCH, MUCH better. Most just refuse to see past the "different= bad" mantra. Also, I never missed the start button.  

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Hi, Everyone

Why do people hate W8 so much because I realy like it more than W7 if StartisBack is installed. And for me there are less problems with older and newer games.

Cyber023

Personally, I love it.

Because you have to mod it to make it non retarded and it doesn't add enough new features to justify upgrading, and it looks like shit.

It gives me nothing over what win 7, i have win8 on my phone and i hate it there too.

8.1 has a start button.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

REMOVED

This is not Reddit. Stop with the pointless memes. 

Has windows 8 gone away yet? Someone kill it with fire before it hatches more freakish 8.x sprogs

Could not agree more. I'd like to read your opinion on the situation. People aren't so predisposed to hating Windows 8 that they can't stop to read what you have to say, especially since the Windows h8red has died down a little.

Ill take some time possibly later today to reply to most of this stuff in the thread and probably get a bunch of flack.

The biggest thing that I always see when people always complain about not having the Start Menu is they never really add any reasoning behind it. Like what did they do with it that that isnt there now, is vital and totally breaks something, or like why is it bad that it doesnt exist there?

I could see the change being huge for those coming from XP (or I guess Vista) but those coming from 7 shouldnt really have any issues since one you hit the desktop its the same with small improvements here and there. I will admit that the start screen in 8 did hamper work flow a bit because it felt disconnected from the desktop. In 8.1 this has been resolved for the most part by just simply allowing your desktop background to be the background for the start screen.

But yea im really interested in the outlook from a diehard Win7 power use and why they cant do without the start menu.

Also guys doing stuff like installing something that adds the start menu back is nothing new on windows and has happened in the past for other things two good examples being Win7 taskbar and WinXP wireless manager. Another thing that works the same in a way is when you replace the windows firewall and antivirus with some 3rd party application.

Once thing I will point out that sucks with Win8 and even 8.1 is how hard they gimped the advanced wireless management because they straight up too it out unless you use command line or probably also power shell.

Take start button and touch screen interface out of equation completely and I still hate Win8.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/privacy-concerns-and-windows-81.html

http://www.techspot.com/article/725-windows-81-good-and-bad/

Best so far: 95, 98, XP, 7

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

They hate it because lame people hate everything what they don't use. they are retards and there are alot of them

Whatever you say, its still ugly and unintuitive and offer nothing that i want over what the 7 does, if i called people retarded then yes its offensive, if i call a product retarded there is a frigging difference isnt there ?.

What I was more irked at is that you stated you have to mod it. Not everyone does; in fact there are quite a few people coming in to buy computers at my work with the initial intention of hate for Windows 8, who then get a tutorial and do a complete 180. As for features, you do have a valid point there, as Windows 7 does do pretty much everything that most people need, and still has Volume Shadow Copy service for file revisioning. Windows 8 does add Storage spaces, which is great for a desktop system with lots of hard drives, but sucks for laptops, because no one is going to plug in a portable hard drive whilst on a busy city bus just to have revisions of their files saved. On the plus side though, Windows 8 does have a much better Task Manager system than Linux OR OSX in my opinion, as it actually shows you important things, such as individual program threads and breaks down resource management in a way that's easier to understand.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

What I was more irked at is that you stated you have to mod it. Not everyone does; in fact there are quite a few people coming in to buy computers at my work with the initial intention of hate for Windows 8, who then get a tutorial and do a complete 180. As for features, you do have a valid point there, as Windows 7 does do pretty much everything that most people need, and still has Volume Shadow Copy service for file revisioning. Windows 8 does add Storage spaces, which is great for a desktop system with lots of hard drives, but sucks for laptops, because no one is going to plug in a portable hard drive whilst on a busy city bus just to have revisions of their files saved. On the plus side though, Windows 8 does have a much better Task Manager system than Linux OR OSX in my opinion, as it actually shows you important things, such as individual program threads and breaks down resource management in a way that's easier to understand.

I've tried it, tested it and lived with and i still cant stand it what more do you want me to do with it ?, stop trying to force people to like what you like, i stated my gripe with the visual and design of it and that i had to actually edit the program to actually be able to use it without feeling uncomfortable.

the biggest cancer they added was the microsoft account and email, along with all the other stupid feautures that make sense on a tablet but not a PC, as it stands now, Windows 8 / 8.1 is the google + of operating systems.

The biggest cancer they added was the microsoft account and email, along with all the other stupid feautures that make sense on a tablet but not a PC, as it stands now, Windows 8 / 8.1 is the google + of operating systems.

I agree completely. Without actually having standard desktop apps on the Windows market and allowing the third party integration of login services without jumping through the hoops that Microsoft have setup now the whole logging in using a Microsoft account is just useless to the average desktop user.

Also it pissed me off when I was no longer able to opt out from logging in using a Microsoft account when I installed Windows 8.1, which you're able to do when you install Windows 8.

So it's absolutely a kick in the shins.

Thoroughness rating
#########

I agree completely. Without actually having standard desktop apps on the Windows market and allowing the third party integration of login services without jumping through the hoops that Microsoft have setup now the whole logging in using a Microsoft account is just useless to the average desktop user.

Also it pissed me off when I was no longer able to opt out from using a Microsoft account when I installed Windows 8.1, which you're able to do when you install Windows 8.

So it's a kick in the shins, to be sure.

They had all the right minds and all the right will but stumbled and cracked their skull on the same staircase that google did with the plus mentality.

I've tried it, tested it and lived with and i still cant stand it what more do you want me to do with it ?, stop trying to force people to like what you like, i stated my gripe with the visual and design of it and that i had to actually edit the program to actually be able to use it without feeling uncomfortable.

the biggest cancer they added was the microsoft account and email, along with all the other stupid feautures that make sense on a tablet but not a PC, as it stands now, Windows 8 / 8.1 is the google + of operating systems.

Well, the Microsoft account integration creates unity between your devices. I sometimes like to read articles on my computer. If I don't have time to read it right away I either save it as a favourite or e-mail it to myself by copy pasting the link, open my mail, create a new, type in my own mail and hit send.

After getting a Surface 2, I've found that the pre-installed app called "Reading List" (Translated from Danish) as well as the share functionality that is a result of the account integration really makes it easier and much faster for me to do this. So what you call a disease I call a cure from slow and tedious methods of operation and I really miss some of these features on my W7 laptop. The notifications would be nice to have on my primary PC as well.

That's my experience.

I like Windows 8.1, once you learn the keyboard shorcuts and use search in the modern ui it's a breeze, performance is pretty good and the powershell integration is awesome.

The secure boot technology is pretty cool and works well when it's well implemented in hardware

I like the miracast integration in the os for my ultrabook

Take start button and touch screen interface out of equation completely and I still hate Win8.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/privacy-concerns-and-windows-81.html

http://www.techspot.com/article/725-windows-81-good-and-bad/

Best so far: 95, 98, XP, 7

Why? I checked the links and nothing looks that bad and if your worried about tracking just use a local account.

You seem to have forgotten 2000 and personally I didnt like 95 very much. There was quite a good amount of resistance to it as well.

explain what you mean by this whole visual thing because I believe your the one that said it was ugly right?

umm just use a local account?

I agree completely. Without actually having standard desktop apps on the Windows market and allowing the third party integration of login services without jumping through the hoops that Microsoft have setup now the whole logging in using a Microsoft account is just useless to the average desktop user. Also it pissed me off when I was no longer able to opt out from logging in using a Microsoft account when I installed Windows 8.1, which you're able to do when you install Windows 8. So it's absolutely a kick in the shins.

All apps in the market place have to be ARM and x86 compatible. Almost none of the "standard desktop apps" meet this qualification which is why they are not in the app store. What do you mean by this "third party integration of login services"? And the Microsoft account thing is quite usefully I personally like that it syncs a good amount of setting included those in control panel as well as wallpapers and other stuff. You need to login to get the upgrade. You could always login upgrade then revert your account back or even do the update not through the windows store if you desire.

I like Windows 8.1, once you learn the keyboard shorcuts and use search in the modern ui it's a breeze, performance is pretty good and the powershell integration is awesome.

The secure boot technology is pretty cool and works well when it's well implemented in hardware

I like the miracast integration in the os for my ultrabook

If I may ask how do CMD and PowerShell compare?

I'm the opposite of most. I loved vista, hate(d) XP, hate(d) 7, and love 8(.1). I'm just backward.

Powershell uses the dot net framework as the backbone to generate very powerfull commands called cmdlet. Many standard commands from cmd where converted to cmdlet like dir ipconfig, dism etc. But there's over a thousand cmdlets available and some are specific to windows 8.1 like the exportation of the start menu in xml format for backup or group policy purposes, and verification of the secureboot function, by memory the cmdlet in administrator mode is confirm-securebootefi if the response is true then your rig is secure boot enable. It's very easy to pipeline cmdlets together instead of using complex scripting. There's even unix commands converted to cmdlet like ls

Because 7 8 9.... On a serious not, I like Windows 8. I just have no reason to upgrade

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

For me it's

Pros:  Speed, general 'snappiness', square layout

Cons: have to download start menu + Modern UI skipper, $, bad business practices especially with things like 'back doors' to the NSA

I don't hate windows 8, I just don't find it worth going out of my way to get over windows 7

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Powershell uses the dot net framework as the backbone to generate very powerfull commands called cmdlet. Many standard commands from cmd where converted to cmdlet like dir ipconfig, dism etc. But there's over a thousand cmdlets available and some are specific to windows 8.1 like the exportation of the start menu in xml format for backup or group policy purposes, and verification of the secureboot function, by memory the cmdlet in administrator mode is confirm-securebootefi if the response is true then your rig is secure boot enable. It's very easy to pipeline cmdlets together instead of using complex scripting. There's even unix commands converted to cmdlet like ls

O.o Ooo I think I have some new things to learn.

For me it's

Pros:  Speed, general 'snappiness', square layout

Cons: have to download start menu + Modern UI skipper, $, bad business practices especially with things like 'back doors' to the NSA

I don't hate windows 8, I just don't find it worth going out of my way to get over windows 7

Modern UI skipper do you boot to desktop which is now in 8.1?

Modern UI skipper do you boot to desktop which is now in 8.1?

I haven't used Windows 8.1, but the start menu I used booted straight to desktop

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

They hate it because lame people hate everything what they don't use. they are retards and there are alot of them

I have used or at least test driven every Windows OS since Win95 including Win8/8.1. Wanting privacy and freedom is not retarded.

Why? I checked the links and nothing looks that bad and if your worried about tracking just use a local account.

You seem to have forgotten 2000 and personally I didnt like 95 very much. There was quite a good amount of resistance to it as well.

Not sure what you mean by local account. 95 was kind of a precursor to 98 for me. I had to start somewhere! I did not forget 2K, it was OK. Vista was OK too. But XP fine tuned 2K, and 7 fine tuned Vista. At least that's how I look at it. Facebook, Google, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and many others are no longer private. Why anyone would want to use an OS where their privacy and freedom of choice is stripped away from them is beyond my comprehension. To each his own I guess. I have used Google search for many years and gave that up too, I just don't like the whole privacy invasion movement. So if by local account you know something that I do not, please share.

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

I agree completely. Without actually having standard desktop apps on the Windows market and allowing the third party integration of login services without jumping through the hoops that Microsoft have setup now the whole logging in using a Microsoft account is just useless to the average desktop user. Also it pissed me off when I was no longer able to opt out from logging in using a Microsoft account when I installed Windows 8.1, which you're able to do when you install Windows 8. So it's absolutely a kick in the shins.

Actually, you can opt out of using a Microsoft account. The way we do it at work is try to sign into a random bobdoesnthavearealaccount@outlook.com using a random password that validates their checks a few times, and it pops up after a bit and says "Use your existing account." Alternatively, you can choose "Create an Account" and on the next screen, choose "Use Local Account" if this is a new installation you're setting up. If your PC's didn't offer this, I guess Staples Canada is just lucky and gets PC's that allow you to say no.

@Thecrazyswede, I have never once said I was for or against Windows 8, nor have I ever tried to force you or anyone else into liking it. I actually prefer, like many others, Windows 7 on the desktop, and non-touchscreen laptops, and think even if you have a touchscreen, it should at least ask you what mode you want, Tile or Desktop, and provide a FULL Tutorial for Tile mode.

I just really don't like unjustified statements, which is what most people throw at things they do not like, even if they've tried them. I am glad however, that you have tried it, and stated you cannot stand it, as it gives us some kind of trust you've had a go around the block before stating what everyone else is saying :D

Oh, and Google+ is great! *preparing shelter for impending carpet bombing...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)