Why do people hate Windows 8 ??

Cyber023

Hi, Everyone

Why do people hate W8 so much because I realy like it more than W7 if StartisBack is installed. And for me there are less problems with older and newer games.

Cyber023

CPU:   Intel I5 3570K @ 4,6 GHZ   -- MOBO: Asrock Z77-Extreme4 -- GPU: EVGA GTX 770 2GB -- PSU:Corsair TX750M -- R AM: 16 GB 1333 MHz -- HDD: 2x 2TB -- 1x 120 GB HyperX SSD -- AUDIO: Creative Audigy 2 -- CASE: Fractal Design R4

-- Actually Like Windows 8 --

it's diffrent, some people are to lazy to adapt

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Because you have to mod it to make it non retarded and it doesn't add enough new features to justify upgrading, and it looks like shit.

It gives me nothing over what win 7, i have win8 on my phone and i hate it there too.

Me too, I find it a bit more snappier and modern, also it increased my frames in BF4. With the Start button and apps originally made for Win7, you get better, enhanced Win7, so I like to call it Win7.5.

Stock Win8, now that is a tragedy.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

people just dont like change, even though 8 >7

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Well, first of all its ugly as fuck without any 3rd party software to come to the rescue, second, most people already have win7 which is basically the same only a bit slower. and last but not least, i (for example) really hate having to rely on some software from other companies to boot with every startup. But thats just me, i guess...

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I don't hate W8, I just like W7 a lot more :)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Cause I already have 7 and I don't want to spend more money for 8.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

start menu.

I love windows 8 as long as i have a start menu program installed its just like a better looking and better runing win7 i couldnt go back to using win7 after all this time

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

REMOVED

Edited by Windspeed36

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Because there was nothing wrong with Windows 7 and adding Modern UI to an operating system that is mostly used by desktop computers and laptops that don't have touch screens is just daft and takes up far too much space on the screen, while giving you little info about whatever it is displaying.

Because you have to mod it to make it non retarded and it doesn't add enough new features to justify upgrading, and it looks like shit.

It gives me nothing over what win 7, i have win8 on my phone and i hate it there too.

adding to that, I think metro just feels slow compared to the 'old' start menu. I mainly use Mac OSX and Apple introduced the so called Launchpad with Mountain Lion. It's basically the app drawer from an ios-device taken to the big screen. But the thing is, that you still have the option to just ignore it and use the old system. With w8 like you already pointed out, that is not the case. You have to mod the OS to use it and that simply to much of a forced change.

Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

The new start menu isn't even bad. It does take a little bit getting used to, but complaining about it 24/7 isn't going to get Microsoft to change it. Look what they did in Windows 8.1. They added the start button as a big fuck you that just takes you to the metro screen. Which, I think they should have done.

The search function is no harder to use. Simply press the windows key and start typing! Just like Windows fucking 7.

Windows 8 took away features, notably shadow copy & the start menu, for no good reason. Plus laying metro everywhere makes people sick. And in my experience, it is much more prone to crashing than Windows 7.

However, I have deployed it onto my desktop and laptop with Startisback. So I would deal with the crap that Windows 8 gives every now and then and enjoy the battery gains/better performance, among other improvements.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

adding to that, I think metro just feels slow compared to the 'old' start menu. I mainly use Mac OSX and Apple introduced the so called Launchpad with Mountain Lion. It's basically the app drawer from an ios-device taken to the big screen. But the thing is, that you still have the option to just ignore it and use the old system. With w8 like you already pointed out, that is not the case. You have to mod the OS to use it and that simply to much of a forced change.

I totally agree. Microsoft should be adding features, not adding some forcefully and taking others away.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I just find it to be more snappy and like the new interface in windows explorer and when you transfer a file

CPU:   Intel I5 3570K @ 4,6 GHZ   -- MOBO: Asrock Z77-Extreme4 -- GPU: EVGA GTX 770 2GB -- PSU:Corsair TX750M -- R AM: 16 GB 1333 MHz -- HDD: 2x 2TB -- 1x 120 GB HyperX SSD -- AUDIO: Creative Audigy 2 -- CASE: Fractal Design R4

-- Actually Like Windows 8 --

People don't like it because it changes their workflow, I use win 7 at work and 8.1 at home I really don't mind either. At first I didn't like windows 8 and had start8 installed this worked alright but it seemed pointless ,with 8.1 I have stuck to the stock implementation and have changed my own workflow around it. Sure I still cant find some things easily and my mouse goes to a certain place by muscle memory but slowly I am getting more used to it.

I think Microsoft have realised that they screwed up hence the 8.1 start button, I still dont liek the metro apps but hey I know what they were trying to do and I respect them for trying.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

I just went back to Windows 7 from Windows 8. It felt very dated so reverted back to 8.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

if you right click the left bottom corner in win8 you get almost all the old functions from the start menu and more, only thing missing is the 10 most used apps, if you really need to use those 10, make a shortcut or pin it to the taskbar or something else.

the lack of the old startbutton menu is not a problem at all since all the functions is pretty much still there :)

and last if you dont like the metro interface, DONT use it, simple! in 8.1 you can set it to boot to desktop and then you just have to make sure you use the right programs to open files, pictures, music and the rest. Easy :)

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

The new start menu isn't even bad. It does take a little bit getting used to, but complaining about it 24/7 isn't going to get Microsoft to change it. Look what they did in Windows 8.1. They added the start button as a big fuck you that just takes you to the metro screen. Which, I think they should have done.

The search function is no harder to use. Simply press the windows key and start typing! Just like Windows fucking 7.

Personally, I agree with you. Personally, I have installed ClassicStart to eradicate Metro, but your standpoint is still good.

On a side note, your profile picture is hilarious. Maybe I'm just a huge nerd, but I laughed way too hard at that. Maybe it's the camera wiggle?

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

Most seem to have made an opinion on it at the very start based on looks entirely and just continue to follow that opinion, despite changes or other advantages.

Personally, whilst not a fan of metro or whatever its called, and do have startisback installed, the other benefits are great. 

My PC boots noticeably faster and occasionally some of the metro apps, not so much the start screen, are helpful.

Its quickly becoming my favourite OS, after using XP for years, 7 for maybe 2, and now 8 for only a few months.  

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Windows 8 was designed for tablets and to be used by tablets. It is not optimized for a desktop at all.

| 3570k @ 4.5 | swiftech h220 ordered after patent issues | EVGA 660ti SC 3gb | 8gb gskill ripjaws | Asus p8z77-v lx | Corsair Ax 750 | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair C70 white | CM quickfire rapid mx browns | G500 | 

1. Same kernel as 7 and is really just a GUI upgrade that we hate 

2. Offers no speedup in anything outside of one broken game (BF4). Unparking cores in Windows 7 gets you slightly faster performance in all other games then Windows 8 because you have less bloat

3. Low level API's will make Direct X and MS's monopoly and forced upgrades pointless

4. Multitasking is horrible

5. Support atm is horrible (not Windows 8 fault, happens on every new version)

6. MS employees and shareholders spam message boards trying to sell it with half truths, misinformation and outright lies

So...if you want horrible multitasking and broken support for productivity applications, which makes it pointless for WORK, 1fps more in a broken game, and the same speed or slower in all other games? Win 8 is fantastic. 

Now the good things about Windows 8.

1.It boots faster. This matters if you don't know what the sleep option is on your desktop. It is nice for tablets/laptops

2, See 1

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.