CDProjektRed acquires Spokko with plans on entering the mobile market

ItsMitch

S: CD Projekt Capital Group

CDPR has had a very busy year so far and it has started to get even more interesting as a report came out by the CDPR Press Team that they had acquired a majority stake in Spokko (mobile game developer) and has began plans on working some yet-unannounced projects targeting mobile devices. CDPR also confirmed that Maciej Weiss and Rafal Staszewski the co creators of the Spokko brand and the leaders of the un-announced project will be joining the CD board of the newly incorporated business entity. 

Adam Kicinski, the president of CD PROJEKT GROUP issued this statement. 

We have known the people behind Spokko for several years. They approached us with an interesting idea based on one of our brands – an idea we decided to invest in. We want to expand our business with innovative concepts and solutions, and the vision presented to us by the Spokko team represents an entirely novel creative angle. The new studio will be largely independent. We intend to provide it with a distinct identity and creative autonomy, in line with the philosophy which has long guided the actions of the CD PROJEKT Group

Maciej Weiss sent out this statement on the CD Projekt website after the news went live.

We were elated to hear that CD PROJEKT believes in our idea. Our cooperation with Rafał and other members of the team goes back a long way. We have substantial experience with casual game development, but this time around we want to work on a far more advanced and ambitious project, offering new possibilities for gamers. It’s a very exciting challenge

I am very interested in seeing how far this will go, I have a lot of faith in CDPR to do an actual decent mobile game that won't be complete trash. 

Just now, ZeouLs said:

The Witcher 3 Mobile plox senpai (๑→‿←๑)

I'm thinking it's more of Gwent port to Mobiles tbh. (tho I'd love TW3 on mobiles no matter how shit it runs)

12 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

I'm thinking it's more of Gwent port to Mobiles tbh. (tho I'd love TW3 on mobiles no matter how shit it runs)

image.png.37683571893ade6db363acb2413e899c.png

They will probably port Gwent on IOs and Android. I've fairly excited.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Never been a big fan of mobile games because I find they are never done right, but this seems promising

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

19 minutes ago, KendoSapion said:

Never been a big fan of mobile games because I find they are never done right, but this seems promising

well PC ports and emulators on the phone is good.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Not fan od mobile games, though I wonder what it will it be. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

4 hours ago, williamcll said:

well PC ports and emulators on the phone is good.

I imagine that's what this is about.  CD Projekt are the people behind GOG.  We're not going to be seeing Witcher 3 on mobile anytime soon, but we may be seeing a GOG mobile store.

Eh if they're getting serious into Mobile dev I wonder if we may see them move to Vulkan sometime soon.