fresh windows 10 on M.2 NVMe

Go to solution Solved by thanos999,

have you downloaded and installed samsung nvme express driver 3.0 i just received my 970 pro today and installed it with all my other harddrives stil in the pc and downloaded all the drivers from the samsung websit including samsung data migration software it just copied all my information from my old 830 ssd and automatically changed the 970 pro to my c drive it took about 10 minuets to transfer from the 830 to the 970 do a restart go into bios and changed the boot drive from the 830 to the 970 i didnt even need to put my password in at the log in screen and it recognised all my other harddrives imediatly i just hade to formate my old 830 and i was finished

hey guys!

i seem to be running into so issues installing windows on my new Samsung evo 970 m.2 nvme.

i opend my pc and removed the old transcend SATA m.2 and installed the new Samsung nvme m.2, unplugged all other harddrives from the MB and poped in my bootable USB with win 10 pro.

all goes well until u need to format the m.2 sothat windows can install, i keep getting a 0x80004005 error.

i did some searching and its said that a windows file is missing.... even though i have used the usb multiple times before. so i search for a guide on a fresh windows install on a m.2 and found that there are some things i need to change in the bios. these are what i changed (MB is an MSI z170a Tomahawk)

- settings/ advanced/ integrated peripherals/ SATA Mode i chanded from Raid (as i dont want to run a raid setup) to AHCI as per the guide.

- settings/ advanced/ windows OS Configuration, here i disabled fast boot and both support for win 10 and win 7 installation as the guid said to use "Other OS" and i dont have that option. now before we go any further i tried enabling win 10 in wich case i cant get past the bios to try and install windows how ever is i enable win 7 i can get windows to load but get stuck at that error.

please see image below any advice is appreciated.

IMG_20180823_084357.jpg

IMG_20180823_090048.jpg

IMG_20180823_090108.jpg

IMG_20180823_090021.jpg

have you downloaded and installed samsung nvme express driver 3.0 i just received my 970 pro today and installed it with all my other harddrives stil in the pc and downloaded all the drivers from the samsung websit including samsung data migration software it just copied all my information from my old 830 ssd and automatically changed the 970 pro to my c drive it took about 10 minuets to transfer from the 830 to the 970 do a restart go into bios and changed the boot drive from the 830 to the 970 i didnt even need to put my password in at the log in screen and it recognised all my other harddrives imediatly i just hade to formate my old 830 and i was finished

5 hours ago, thanos999 said:

hey man yeah i got it sorted was a setting in the secure boot that i was missing.

thanks for the help