Whats Up With My PC?

Vod

Hello!

I got a pre-build pc wich upgraded the gpu and cpu, but I'm not getting the preformance I've hoped for...

I have a Gtx 750ti, Amd Athlon x4 845 3.49 GHz, 8gb Ddr3, Msi Grenade A68H mobo and a 42w psu

Preformance in games: Fortnite Lowest 30-40 fps 1080p, Rainbow Six Seige 1080p  AA on 100% Render scale everything else on lowest 30- 35 fps, Overwatch 1080p low preset 90% Render scale 25-40 fps with a lot of studering.

I don't know if this is the actual preformance of my pc or something is wrong with it, all I know is that my mobo is very very cheap and I think that it might be the problem.

Have you monitored your CPU usage while playing the games? I wouldn't be surprised if they are pegged at 100%. 

Just now, Stroal said:

Have you monitored your CPU usage while playing the games? I wouldn't be surprised if they are pegged at 100%. 

Yeah, the cpu is bottlenecked by the gpu, afterburner shows cpu usage at 100% while playing games when the gpu is only at an usage of 40-50%

21 minutes ago, Vod said:

Yeah, the cpu is bottlenecked by the gpu, afterburner shows cpu usage at 100% while playing games when the gpu is only at an usage of 40-50%

The other way around, your GPU is bottlenecked by the CPU ;) You could maybe try pushing more load to the GPU by increasing settings or render scale if VRAM allows. Otherwise, nothing you can really do about it except upgrade.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, tikker said:

The other way around, your GPU is bottlenecked by the CPU ;) You could maybe try pushing more load to the GPU by increasing settings or render scale if VRAM allows. Otherwise, nothing you can really do about it except upgrade.

Yeah :/, I tried putting some settings on mid-high and all i got was less fps.

I did consider upgrading but I don't know to wich platform to upgrade because I'm on a tight budget.

16 hours ago, Vod said:

Yeah :/, I tried putting some settings on mid-high and all i got was less fps.

I did consider upgrading but I don't know to wich platform to upgrade because I'm on a tight budget.

Ryzen 3 will be boost. Ryzen APU too. Athlon X4 is really old generation at this point so even getting Devils Canyon i5 would be significant increase, and probably make GPU the weak point. Back when 750Ti was released, i5-4460 was the perfect budget CPU for it to match. And thats still Haswell. But overall you should go for Ryzen. The new gen has just released and works with older gen mobos, so you can save by getting low-end mobo. RAM will be the budget breaker, but 8gb is still enough for most games.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv