Can I ask for your feedback on my choices please?

TheTechGiant

Hi Guys'n'Girls

Could I ask you for some feedback on my proposed setup please?

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/XMDrRJ

Notes:

The MB is going to be the NON wifi version (I'm fully cabled at home)

The plan is to RAID 1 the 2 * EVO 970 500GB and use the EVO 850 to cache the 6TB WD Red

I'm looking for a good all rounder

Just now, Supportsneedlove said:

I'm wondering why you picked a 5400 rpm drive?

Yeah... Surely a 7200rpm drive would be a more effective choice

PC SPECS: i7 - 3820, 32GB GSkill DDR3 RAM, 2TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, Intel 240GB SSD, Corsair Spec Omega Case, Strix GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair H150i Pro RGB, Corsair CX850M PSU

dont know how good that PSU is but other than that i dont see anything instantly wrong i guess

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

21 minutes ago, TimsTips said:

It’s probably for backups. Why the networking card though? I’m sure that MB has built in ethernet. 

If it's for backups why would he be using NAS drives?

1 hour ago, Supportsneedlove said:

I'm wondering why you picked a 5400 rpm drive?

I already have that drive as a spare from one of my Synology boxes

1 hour ago, TimsTips said:

It’s probably for backups. Why the networking card though? I’m sure that MB has built in ethernet. 

The board does have on-board ethernet 1GB Intel, but I'm a network engineer/manager so I like to play and I'm fed up with using crappy USB-Ethernet adapters when I want to do something quickly with a new/old router, firewall or switch.

Plus, the plan was to LAG the 2 nic's on the card for everyday internet/backups/moving files and the on-board as the spare for the above.

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

dont know how good that PSU is but other than that i dont see anything instantly wrong i guess

From what I have read, they have digital voltage and temperature monitoring so I can use the same application as the case and cooling fans for a seamless intergration (hopefully!). Plus they come with a ten year warranty.

1 minute ago, LerchUK said:

From what I have read, they have digital voltage and temperature monitoring so I can use the same application as the case and cooling fans for a seamless intergration (hopefully!). Plus they come with a ten year warranty.

sure, its probably fine. CAM can be pretty taxing from my experience though, takeing up over 10% CPU sometimes

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

sure, its probably fine. CAM can be pretty taxing from my experience though, takeing up over 10% CPU sometimes

Thank you, I will have to keep an eye out for that!

22 minutes ago, LerchUK said:

Thank you, I will have to keep an eye out for that!

Yah it's probably better now, but I don't really need a system monitor I find and I don't really care for NZXT much more than the next brand either. Mainly used CAM because it looks really good. 

Builds:

Spoiler

The oem on that NZXT psu is Seasonic so you should be more than fine.