Good program for converting MKV's to MP4's?

Yes yes I know I know MP4's aren't as high a quality. Just saying that now, I know.

What's a good, free program I can use to convert MKV to MP4? With the ability to choose which audio and subtitle tracks?

I used to use GOTSent but it's a buggy mess that flat out refuses to work sometimes.

Something without an annoying trial period, you know the kind where they only let you do 5 files for free and/or they put in Watermarks etc.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

.mp4 isn't inherently a specific codec moreso it is a generic container, like .mkv is.

Dude above me basically answered the question, but do you genuinely need to convert the file?

...yes?

I wouldn't be asking I didn't need to convert something.

tl;dr a tv show my mother wants to watch but they're all in MKV, the Xbox 360 that is now a Netflix/DVD machine can't do MKV's so MP4's it is.

Just now, Gravemind said:

...yes?

tl;dr a tv show my mother wants to watch but they're all in MKV, nothing downstairs can do MKV's so MP4's it is.

Ohh, okay.

Yeah, just use Handbrake and play around with settings that you find sufficient.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Sounds like someone's asking how to violate copyright law again...

36 minutes ago, Gravemind said:

...yes?

tl;dr a tv show my mother wants to watch but they're all in MKV, the Xbox 360 that is now a Netflix/DVD machine can't do MKV's so MP4's it is.

Couldn't you use something like UniversalMediaServer for that? The streaming PC does all the decoding while the 360 receive the image. Sound like a waste of time to manually convert everything all the time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Couldn't you use something like UniversalMediaServer for that? The streaming PC does all the decoding while the 360 receive the image. Sound like a waste of time to manually convert everything all the time.

Can't. I don't have a home internet setup technically.

I used a phone hotspot and some hax for almost-normal desktop internet.
Long story why, but converting things then putting them on a flash drive like a caveman really is my only option.

8 hours ago, Evanair said:

Sounds like someone's asking how to violate copyright law again...

How? For one, it depends on local laws if for example converting your own bought disc collection to digital is against copyright laws or not. And two, unless its specified in question, we can't know nor should accuse anyone.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv