What is the difference between plastic and cloth mousepads?

Heliamsoi

So I am going to get gaming pc soon and going to get mousepad too. I was looking for https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-MM300-Anti-Fray-High-Performance-Optimized/dp/B01798VS4C/ref=sr_1_4_acs_ac_2?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1534780755&sr=1-4-acs&keywords=Extended+mouse+pad

And I wanted extended one because it looks so cool with good looking setup:DD But then I started thinking that which would be better, hard or cloth one? I play fps games, example R6s, pubg, csgo, rust etc.. So which one is better one for gaming? 

I prefer extended cloth mats. Much more comfortable for those lengthy gaming sessions.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Personal preference really.

Plastic is a lot more slippery so mouse moves a lot easier. One downside is that plastic eats Teflon mouse feet much faster, so if you're planning on gaming every day, be ready to buy new Teflon pads every few months.

Cloth mat offers more control, its harder to move  your mouse. It gets dirty faster so you would have to wash it every now and then but it doesn't consume your mouse feet nearly as fast.

I prefer cloth because its more comfortable and gives me more control over the mouse in games. 

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

4 hours ago, Heliamsoi said:

So I am going to get gaming pc soon and going to get mousepad too. I was looking for https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-MM300-Anti-Fray-High-Performance-Optimized/dp/B01798VS4C/ref=sr_1_4_acs_ac_2?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1534780755&sr=1-4-acs&keywords=Extended+mouse+pad

And I wanted extended one because it looks so cool with good looking setup:DD But then I started thinking that which would be better, hard or cloth one? I play fps games, example R6s, pubg, csgo, rust etc.. So which one is better one for gaming? 

It’s really preference, best to try some out at a local store but essentially with plastic it will tend to skate across it more easily espically if you have PTFE feet on the mouse, with that it does make a slight noise if your throwing the mouse across the mat. 

2 hours ago, Heliamsoi said:

Well as many said, it depends on you, dude. Unless you try them both, you gotta read  lot about what would feel comfortable. (Added wrist pad is also another issue, which I prefer separate from the mouse pad). Anyway, Here's what helped me decide getting my mousepad: https://www.gamingscan.com/best-mouse-pads/. I got the long Penchant one. Best decision everrrr. 

In the end, it depends on what qualities of the mouse-pad you prefer to use. In general, plastic has less friction and resistance which is good for quick movements although not as accurately and cloth is going to cause more friction and resistance although with the advantage of more accuracy and control for the user.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch