how do i RAM cache a folder?

i have a 6 years-old HDD and some games take a while to load, i want to buy an ssd but sadly i can't right now, so i gave PRIMOCACHE a try.
i made a 4gb ram cache for my C drive(windows+games) and i notice my games run a bit better and loads faster but i wanted to make a cache for 1 specific game, after searching for a while i found out that PrimoCache can't cache only 1 folder, so i was wondering if anyone knows about a free app that allows me to cache just 1 folder.

i can't make a ram drive because i don't have enough ram to fit the whole game so i just want to make a 4gb ram cache for it

Put the game on a usb thumbdrive and cache that?

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

13 hours ago, Nico_Pucho said:

i have a 6 years-old HDD and some games take a while to load, i want to buy an ssd but sadly i can't right now, so i gave PRIMOCACHE a try.
i made a 4gb ram cache for my C drive(windows+games) and i notice my games run a bit better and loads faster but i wanted to make a cache for 1 specific game, after searching for a while i found out that PrimoCache can't cache only 1 folder, so i was wondering if anyone knows about a free app that allows me to cache just 1 folder.

i can't make a ram drive because i don't have enough ram to fit the whole game so i just want to make a 4gb ram cache for it

What edition of windows are you running on the system? External devices for storage such as flash drives can be used with a built in tool known as Ready-boost which would use the storage of the external device to speed up the performance of the system which is useful especially if you do not have much memory. We would be able to use a virtual drive (maybe a sector on a hard drive) and then use RAM to accelerate that sector on the drive only. We want to take the RAM (reserve some of it) to make some of its capacity another virtual drive on the system.Then you can use a tool like Ready Boost to cache the data on the first virtual drive using the power of the second virtual drive which would be the system memory. This way you can choose how much storage of RAM you want to use to accelerate the game or a folder. Note that the minimum space you would need from RAM to accelerate the folder would be 230 MB. There might be a software tool which would allow you to simplify this process although I do not know of any of them which exist.

Hope that this helps, @Boomwebsearch

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch