What's taking so long? (Age of empires 4)

zindan

12 months ago they released the announce trailer for age of empire 4 and we haven't heard anything since then? What is taking so long to complete the game? What's going on? Where can I find out about this stuff? 

Thanks. 

On 8/19/2018 at 9:21 AM, Lurick said:

https://www.techradar.com/news/age-of-empires-4-release-date-trailers-and-features

They've just released concept art in the trailer for the game so it's got a long way to go as that was very early stages of development.

They are being extremely careful not to mess it up like they did with Dawn of War 3

6 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

They are being extremely careful not to mess it up like they did with Dawn of War 3

Well that is good, the longer time you spend on something the better it gets. I really hope they don't mess it up.

1 hour ago, zindan said:

Well that is good, the longer time you spend on something the better it gets. I really hope they don't mess it up.

They will

After DoW 3 I've given up hope for Relic and would not expect anything from them until they release a good game. So much of the studio has been gutted from what they used to be.

They're making AoE 2: DE at the same time.

Anyhow after AoE 3 and AoE Online I don't get why people's expectations are that high.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

18 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

They're making AoE 2: DE at the same time.

Anyhow after AoE 3 and AoE Online I don't get why people's expectations are that high.

AoE is the funniest AoE ever in my opinion. That's the game that made me love the AoE series. Big success