Is International shopping cheaper in newegg than Amazon.

OppositeCube

Im gonna build a rig soon, but as dont live in USA and pc parts are not available in my country , i do know i have to pay charges for customs, tax and duties. But, do i have to pay any sort of global shipping fee in newegg? In amazon i have to pay $20 for global shipping and $4 for tax and customs for just a $35 psu for over half the price more.

newegg does ships internationaly to over 50 countries including mine (Saudi Arabia) and i heard some where that newegg Ship International for free (except for tax and customs)  to those 50 countries so is it true?

What ships free with Newegg can, and does vary from product to product.

The best way would be to select your parts and begin the checkout process until you get to the point that your shipping charges are calculated. This willl tell you exactly how much your shipping, import/customs, and tax fees will cost.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I don't believe any store offers international shipping for free. it would become too expensive very fast. The fee is calculated from weight, and size if it goes over certain limits (bigger TVs for example).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

But also depends on the total cost, thinks like +200$ often are free (if not too heavy)

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

It's easy to get shafted by customs, fees and the wait time can be a PITA. Keep that in mind.

1 hour ago, Semper said:

What ships free with Newegg can, and does vary from product to product.

The best way would be to select your parts and begin the checkout process until you get to the point that your shipping charges are calculated. This willl tell you exactly how much your shipping, import/customs, and tax fees will cost.

This is what it says

Screenshot_20180817-165327.png

45 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

But also depends on the total cost, thinks like +200$ often are free (if not too heavy)

well mines over $750 

48 minutes ago, Motifator said:

It's easy to get shafted by customs, fees and the wait time can be a PITA. Keep that in mind.

hmm like how long still?

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I don't believe any store offers international shipping for free. it would become too expensive very fast. The fee is calculated from weight, and size if it goes over certain limits (bigger TVs for example).

well um. how about pc cases?

3 minutes ago, OppositeCube said:

well um. how about pc cases?

That won't be extra because of size. Just calculated weight. PSU is about $50 for just shipping from US to Europe. But if you order bigger amount or price, they migh be able to tweak it. Send email to their support and ask estimation if you are unsure.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, OppositeCube said:

hmm like how long still?

Depends on where you are ordering what from. It can be couple days if it goes easy with something like DHL Fast Shipping but if it gets stuck in customs for some reason, you might have to wait for 1-2 months in a worst scenario.

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

That won't be extra because of size. Just calculated weight. PSU is about $50 for just shipping from US to Europe. But if you order bigger amount or price, they migh be able to tweak it. Send email to their support and ask estimation if you are unsure.

well ok, I will try to contact them later, But, I found  this article it mentions 20 websites including Newegg, with free international shipping, though I will have to pay import tax at all cost. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/shopping-sites-free-international-shipping/ so does it mean I don't need to pay global shipping costs? 

3 hours ago, OppositeCube said:

well ok, I will try to contact them later, But, I found  this article it mentions 20 websites including Newegg, with free international shipping, though I will have to pay import tax at all cost. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/shopping-sites-free-international-shipping/ so does it mean I don't need to pay global shipping costs? 

https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/international-shipping/

This is Neweggs own page. For one, Saudi Arabia isn't listed there. And secondly it doesn't say anything about being free. Which doesn't mean that it isn't for certain items, or maybe you need Premium. For cases shipping to US was $6-8.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/17/2018 at 9:39 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/international-shipping/

This is Neweggs own page. For one, Saudi Arabia isn't listed there. And secondly it doesn't say anything about being free. Which doesn't mean that it isn't for certain items, or maybe you need Premium. For cases shipping to US was $6-8.

Sorry for replying you late, i have just figured out, shippings cost less on newegg, because when i put some items in my wish list (like a psu) it says $10 total and in Amazon freaking $30, uhhhhhh.. it does say saudi arabia...

27 minutes ago, OppositeCube said:

.. it does say saudi arabia...

Ok, I was browsing that on mobile and site isn't exactly mobile friendly.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 22/08/2018 at 11:14 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Ok, I was browsing that on mobile and site isn't exactly mobile friendly.

ok lol