Review - Geforce GTX 780 ti

NetworkCowboy

Hey everyone! This is my review of my Asus GTX 780 ti. Tell me what you think and don't be to hard on me! lol

Need some constructive criticism!

Very professional, well done

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

its not very constructive but:

meh.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Are you sure the 790 would be two 780 ti's and not two 780's?

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

A 780 will probably be 2 780s, but oh well ;)

The review is good so good job. Not much I would like to point out really :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Just a little thing though... Seems like your overclock as gone severely wrong since well... My 780 achieves the same FPS as your 780ti...

http://puu.sh/65ant.png (Screenshot)

The fact that your FPS was down to 8.7 at one point also confirms this :(

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Just a little thing though... Seems like your overclock as gone severely wrong since well... My 780 achieves the same FPS as your 780ti...

http://puu.sh/65ant.png (Screenshot)

The fact that your FPS was down to 8.7 at one point also confirms this :(

This card is not overclocked at all. The card had a boost clock of 928mhz. This card can exceed well over 1100mhz. this was straight of the box and slapped in to my system without any tweaks. 

This card is not overclocked at all. The card had a boost clock of 928mhz. This card can exceed well over 1100mhz. this was straight of the box and slapped in to my system without any tweaks. 

Ahh I see :)

Tor

Stop saying uh.

Dually noted.

This is my 2nd review besides my Corsair K95 Keyboard. It's difficult and I think I need to be more prepared. but I do like to "shoot from the hip" with my reviews. That is probably a bad thing.

Thanks for the feed back and will work on it.

Ahh I see :)

I am a little scared to overclock because it runs so hot. What temp does your 780 run at?

Also the one point that my card was down to 8.1 was at the beginning of the benchmark.

I am a little scared to overclock because it runs so hot. What temp does your 780 run at?

on my gtx 780 ti i overclocked to 1319 mhz on core and 1937 on memory stable on stock voltages

any more then that and i crash =/

xkgnsI8.jpg

of course that is not what i game at, that is just benchmark overclock only

i game at 1204 mhz on the core and 1851 mhz on the memory, with a custom fan profile, my temps never reach over 75 ish

oh and when benchmarking make sure to have shadow play off it is about a 7% hit in performance

and in-case you are interested this is what i scored with my 1319 mhz overclock on unigine valley

SRaAIpP.png

We all tend to ramble when "shooting from the hip". For us mere mortals, I would suggest you write out an outline to refer to. I would also suggest breaking your video up into discrete edited bits and be as concise as possible. Use the terminology of the product instead of interjecting your own terms to avoid confusing your audience.

It takes about 3 to 4 dozen of these types of video reviews to really start to shine. It's a lot of work, but quality will generate a following. So if you have more than just a passing fancy, keep at it.

I liked how you early on jumped to the cons. I tend to like videos that early on give me the bottom line bullet points I need to know & then go into details later. Maybe you could start your reviews by describing your outline of topics, so the viewer knows what you'll be getting into?

Good job!

Never go above 60 :)

I do run a fucked up fan curve though... Fans are at 90% when on 60 Celsius...

Tor

Dually noted.

This is my 2nd review besides my Corsair K95 Keyboard. It's difficult and I think I need to be more prepared. but I do like to "shoot from the hip" with my reviews. That is probably a bad thing.

Thanks for the feed back and will work on it.

Takes practice lol because we say it so much normally.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Are you sure the 790 would be two 780 ti's and not two 780's?

how would they cool it if it was 2 780 ti chips? The only way I'd imagine a 790 being released would be like 2 780 chips underclocked, similar to what they did with the 690

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

how would they cool it if it was 2 780 ti chips? The only way I'd imagine a 790 being released would be like 2 780 chips underclocked, similar to what they did with the 690

That's what I thought

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

very professional intro and outro, you could write your speech on a paper

Try to keep it shorter , people have short attention span these days , also try to be more ''excited'' not it looks very generic.

Intro and outro are nice but i don't like the overused particles effects... tbh just my opinion

Also your mic sound is a little low.

Other than that pretty nice but nothing special ;).

Interested in Business and Technology