Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4gb/64gb vs. Xiaomi Note 5 Pro 3gb/32GB

2SPOOKY4ME
Go to solution Solved by Darkseth,

Note 5 Pro with 4gb/64gb.

There is no Note 5 Pro with 32gb/3gb Ram, at least i couldn't find one.

The general Note 5 (without Pro or Plus) exists as 3gb/32gb variant. But here also: Spend those 20 bucks more for 4gb/64gb.

SD Card is not a replace for enough internal storage. it works for media files, but not for Apps. Once Whatsapp for example fills your internal storage, there is nothing you can do. Whatsapp is one App, that doesn't support SD Card at all. And many other apps can't be moved over when they need certain things.

And 4gb > 3gb Ram.

+ LineageOS if you want: https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3774630

@Arena Phones no offense, but the galaxy On6 is utterly Garbage, and noone should ever buy this piece of Crap. Resolution is a joke for that price, and just because it has an Amoled Panel with Pen-Tile matrix, you will seriously be able to count the Pixels, literal. This  screen is not good.

3000 mAh Battery is way too small for a phone this size. And the SoC is already 2 1/2 years old. This phone better comes for HALF the Price of a Xiaomi Note 5, or Xiaomi A1.

But what do you expect from an Advertising account like yours ;-) You don't even react in any way to the Question asked, your post is pure advertising for a bad product. Ever thought about explaining, why anyone should buy this phone over a Xiaomi A1/A2 Lite/Note5 lineup for example? or moto G6 or even G5s, or other AndroidOne devices? 

Hey guys! Help me decide on what phone to buy because my Mi3 died on me after 4 and a half years kek.

The only real advantage I see with the Note 5 Pro is that it has the new SD636. I can't go higher than these two, the Note 5 Pro is $10 more expensive than the 5 plus. What do y'all think? :$

P.S. I'd buy a more expensive phone but I already have my eyes set on a GPU upgrade xD

CPU: i5-8400 |  CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 QUAD LUMI | MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H RAM:  16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200mhz CL15 | 

GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Mini @ +180/400 | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb, Western Digital Blue 2TB, Western Digital Green 1TB | Monitor: ViewSonic XG2401 144hz | Keyboard:  Corsair K70 Cherry MX RED Mouse: Zowie EC1-A

Note 5 Pro with 4gb/64gb.

There is no Note 5 Pro with 32gb/3gb Ram, at least i couldn't find one.

The general Note 5 (without Pro or Plus) exists as 3gb/32gb variant. But here also: Spend those 20 bucks more for 4gb/64gb.

SD Card is not a replace for enough internal storage. it works for media files, but not for Apps. Once Whatsapp for example fills your internal storage, there is nothing you can do. Whatsapp is one App, that doesn't support SD Card at all. And many other apps can't be moved over when they need certain things.

And 4gb > 3gb Ram.

+ LineageOS if you want: https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3774630

@Arena Phones no offense, but the galaxy On6 is utterly Garbage, and noone should ever buy this piece of Crap. Resolution is a joke for that price, and just because it has an Amoled Panel with Pen-Tile matrix, you will seriously be able to count the Pixels, literal. This  screen is not good.

3000 mAh Battery is way too small for a phone this size. And the SoC is already 2 1/2 years old. This phone better comes for HALF the Price of a Xiaomi Note 5, or Xiaomi A1.

But what do you expect from an Advertising account like yours ;-) You don't even react in any way to the Question asked, your post is pure advertising for a bad product. Ever thought about explaining, why anyone should buy this phone over a Xiaomi A1/A2 Lite/Note5 lineup for example? or moto G6 or even G5s, or other AndroidOne devices? 

I'm also saving up for a graphics card and having a similar dilemma, except I'm thinking of buying either a Note 5 pro 4/64 or the Mi A2 Lite 4/64.

The note 5 has better specs, but I'm not exactly a fan of the MIUI bugs that people keep reporting, especially the 3.5mm jack issues. How much real difference is there between the SD636 and the 625 in games and day to day applications and would it be worth it to sacrifice the simplicity of oreo?

Or should I just get the Note 5 and root it to remove miui?

• 3 weeks later...

There are Custom Roms for the Note 5 Pro: https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development?daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=views

Resurrection Remix Rom, or LineageOS are very popular.

Even "Pixel Experience" Rom on Android 9.0 Pie is already out, working mostly, except stuff like Wifi-Display/Miracast or Hardware encription.

All of these have a basicly "stock android skin".

I think i personally would get the Note 5 Pro, Root it + Custom Rom.

I got an RN5P two weeks ago and I'm extremely satisfied. 8 hours SOT and really smooth with whatever I throw at it. Also upgraded to a GTX 1070 with the money I saved from not buying a flagship :D Thanks guys!

CPU: i5-8400 |  CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 QUAD LUMI | MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H RAM:  16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200mhz CL15 | 

GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Mini @ +180/400 | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb, Western Digital Blue 2TB, Western Digital Green 1TB | Monitor: ViewSonic XG2401 144hz | Keyboard:  Corsair K70 Cherry MX RED Mouse: Zowie EC1-A