XBOX or PlayStation?

printf_cyber
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,
14 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

Okay now forget the 'play with my friends' thing, and now tell me which one is best for the things I have mentioned above?

I'll just say which one does whatever you wanted better.

1 hour ago, mbasil22 said:

Some common things:

I will play at 1080p and IF available, 1440p (rarely)

You're stuck with either 1080p or 4K. There is no 1440p output on consoles. They may render natively at that, but it's still going to output to 4K or 1080p.

So on that note, going by resolution alone, Xbox One X has the advantage for being more powerful and for having a better "boost" mode for pre-XB1X games. I could be wrong though. Otherwise they're both practically the same.

I like to play games like Fortnite, PUBG, COD, GTA5 and many other shooter and FUTURE LIFE games (Destiny 2 and COD: Advanced warfare)

XB1X since PUBG isn't available on PS4.

I will sometimes watch YouTube or surf the internet on it (for some family movies)

Both can do this.

I want the console with more features and reliability as well as better visual aspect and scaling (basically better graphics and 60fps lock)

XB1X for the feature you mentioned. Otherwise "reliability" is a crap shoot and "features" is kind of hard to say, it depends on what features you actually care about.

I want a console with more players online, and with a better community to talk and discuss with

I don't indulge in either, but if the internet memes are to believed still, the Microsoft community is still pretty garbage.

I want to buy something I can tell an asking person about, and not embarrass myself with something released years ago

XB1X. But nobody really cares.

I want to play games for 2 hours straight on Console (because I want to play more on PC), so I need a console with better ventilation and cooling capabilities

Neither has any real advantage over the other.

I want the console to be kind of future proof so its trend doesn't end 2 weeks after I just bought it

If past patterns are to continue, then neither console is going to be "future proof" because both platforms are approaching 5 years old, which is when consoles traditionally start entering the end-of-life phase.

I have a budget of $450 and tell me if that budget is enough or should I increase it, It will become hard for me though, so wise choice!

The PlayStation 4 pro wins here.

Hey Guys!

So I have a gaming PC and game on it 8 hours a day, playing Fortnite with some online/unknown people. Now all my local friends in the city have consoles and NOT PCs, so they are console gamers, and just me a PC Gamer. The problem is I really want to play with them cause I get bored with online people, so I need you guys to tell me what Console should I buy, and the specific model. Ask me questions that you need for answering my question. Generally, I won't be buying games right off the market when they release, I will delay it for maximum 2-3 months, and finally buy it. Now I have an XBOX 360 S and I don't use it, and I also don't really want to. 

Just tell me If I should go for PlayStation4 or XBOX ONE.

Some common things:

I like to play games like Fortnite, PUBG, COD, GTA5 and many other shooter and FUTURE LIFE games (Destiny 2 and COD: Advanced warfare)

I will sometimes watch YouTube or surf the internet on it (for some family movies)

I want the console with more features and reliability as well as better visual aspect and scaling (basically better graphics and 60fps lock)

I want a console with more players online, and with a better community to talk and discuss with

I want to buy something I can tell an asking person about, and not embarrass myself with something released years ago

I want to play games for 2 hours straight on Console (because I want to play more on PC), so I need a console with better ventilation and cooling capabilities

I want the console to be kind of future proof so its trend doesn't end 2 weeks after I just bought it

I have a budget of $450 and tell me if that budget is enough or should I increase it, It will become hard for me though, so wise choice!

Now some of these answers might seem stupid I am really outdated on the console side and don't remember many things so I probably related it to PC in some anwsers, please Bare me guys, help me join YOUR community!

Consoles are Consoles

PCs are PCs

NO PCMR

NO CMR

Gaming4Life,

Basil

1 minute ago, VenomZ_ said:

go with PS4 pro 

Does it have all I mentioned above??

Neither. Xbox and Playstation are underpowered PCs. If you want a console you get a Switch.

I will only buy something between XBOX and PlayStation, cause my friends have PS4, no one here has Nintendo

I am ONLY buying console for playing with my friends, if I buy a Nintendo, that will be a total waste of money, none of my friends has it

I am waiting for more answers from the XBOX side, so I can finalize this debate in my mind

I do think PS4 is better, but I need more people to say that and then I will clarify.

Do you have friends on PlayStation? Go with PlayStation.

... Xbox One? Go with Xbox. 

Have no friends? Get Tinder. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

22 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

I will only buy something between XBOX and PlayStation, cause my friends have PS4, no one here has Nintendo

I am ONLY buying console for playing with my friends, if I buy a Nintendo, that will be a total waste of money, none of my friends has it

I am waiting for more answers from the XBOX side, so I can finalize this debate in my mind

I do think PS4 is better, but I need more people to say that and then I will clarify.

If you're buying a console to play with your friends, that sort of answers the question on which one to get. If you don't care about playing with your friends, then get whatever consoles has the games you want to play.

Okay now forget the 'play with my friends' thing, and now tell me which one is best for the things I have mentioned above?

55 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

Just tell me If I should go for PlayStation4 or XBOX ONE.

Go for PS4, has the most interesting/exclusive games of the two.

Some common things:

I wouldn't use a console for that and either use the PC or a mobile device or SmartTV or the PC you have.

While it is possible, the power consumption of the Console make it not that useful.

And controlling it with a controller is not that great...

Though you can use Mouse and Keyboard, AFAIR.

Ähm, that sounds like you want a PC and don't really want a console :|

Well, if you argue that way, the Figures point towards the PS4 having a 2:1 ratio over the XBox, for the Last Numbers we have, according to Wikipedia.

Though M$ seem to have stopped to mention the number of XBox One sold...

I don't understand what you mean.

Consoles are not really "Future Proof", they are a closed System with the games released for the consoles.

As for reliability, only the Manufacturers know about that.

Just take a look at your XBox 360S, its still usable but you can't get any new games for it (Retail).

Just for the Console, yes.

But what do you want to play with it?

The Console is just a means to play the Games you want.

And thus you should look at the Gam

Consoles are Consoles

PCs are PCs

Yes and you should always have a PC and the console as both are suplementary to each other (or at least should be) and not exclusive.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Until now, PS4 Pro is being recommended, so now tell me the exact thing, cause my friend talked to me about a PS4 Pro south and west thing, I don't really remember, but it was something about the controller defaults.

14 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

I'll just say which one does whatever you wanted better.

Some common things:

You're stuck with either 1080p or 4K. There is no 1440p output on consoles. They may render natively at that, but it's still going to output to 4K or 1080p.

So on that note, going by resolution alone, Xbox One X has the advantage for being more powerful and for having a better "boost" mode for pre-XB1X games. I could be wrong though. Otherwise they're both practically the same.

Both can do this.

XB1X for the feature you mentioned. Otherwise "reliability" is a crap shoot and "features" is kind of hard to say, it depends on what features you actually care about.

I don't indulge in either, but if the internet memes are to believed still, the Microsoft community is still pretty garbage.

XB1X. But nobody really cares.

Neither has any real advantage over the other.

If past patterns are to continue, then neither console is going to be "future proof" because both platforms are approaching 5 years old, which is when consoles traditionally start entering the end-of-life phase.

The PlayStation 4 pro wins here.

54 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well I primarily play Fortnite, and then say I am bored or something, and want to play the "Realistic" version of Fortnite, without building, I play PUBG :)

Other than that, I'll just hook up my controller to the PC and play PUBG if I really want the Controller experience, also, some PUBG CEO is telling us that PUBG will be available on all platforms, and so on PS4 soon...

So I think I got my answer, I'll check some rates and then finalize it

Thank you guys!

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Actually, the Xbox One received an update to do 1440P output along with other added features.

https://www.windowscentral.com/todays-xbox-one-update-adds-new-sounds-freesync-1440p-support-and-more

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Until now, PS4 Pro is being recommended, so now tell me the exact thing, cause my friend talked to me about a PS4 Pro south and west thing, I don't really remember, but it was something about the controller defaults.

What do your friends use then??

Anyway, the Controller is mostly what you are used to holding. If I use one of the consoles for a while and not the other ones, the controller of the other ones feels weird. And it doesn't matter what I'm using at the moment, PS4, XBox One, PS3 or XBox One...

So if you are used to one and hold the other for a minute or two, it will be weird. Its like new shoes.

One of the best examples is the Microsoft Natural Keyboard. I bought it for, at the time, 129Deutsche Mark (was before Euro), and really hated it. At the time it wasn't possible to return it. Especially since I bought it in an electronics store that was 100km away (at the time the only way to get some decent Stuff was before the Internet took off and stuff). So I continued using it. And got better at it and after ~3 Weeks I really really liked the keyboard. ANd have to say that its the best writing keyboard that was ever made.  

And I kinda miss the keyboard. Used it for around 7 Years or so. And it started having issues. Well, wich would be expected after the time...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 3:09 PM, mbasil22 said:

If your friends have ps4 go for that. The two systems are virtually the same apart from UI. Playstation also has better exclusive games. I play xbox as my console. Only reason being that I grew up playing xbox since the first 360. So I'm invested. For a brand new player, definitely playstation