4k 60fps

Hey Linus here's a quick question

I was just wondering with all this 4k @60fps is it possible to go beyond the 60fps for instance "120fps" or will it need alot more cores/computing power to acheive to this standard?

I know your the guy to go to with tech and all the in deph maths and science.

most of the games i play average above 60 fps with 4k maxed no AA, if they don't hit that 60 threshold its around 50 to 53 fps, and gsync helps alot with the frame dips

with a 1080TI tho

as a general rule most people don't have the computer hardware to meet or exceed 4k@60fps as you need a minimum of a gtx 1080ti for that on any recent AAA title(Minecraft doesn't count)

Given the bar gets raised by each new generation of cards across the full range you will probably see it as more common in a few years still.

I find CSGO works really well maxed out with minimal AA with a GTX 980m. Getting 120fps in AAA games currently needs a lot more money spent to achieve it. 60fps is probably the best bang for your buck at the moment but as GPUs evolve, we’ll see 4K gaming becoming more common and the FPS increases will come.

4k120 requires double the GPU power of 4k60. CPU load will stay roughly the same as 1440p120. 

This stuff isn't in depth anyway, it's literally double 4k60

That's an F in the profile pic

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 12:01 PM, Benjamin-Arthur said:

Hey Linus here's a quick question

I was just wondering with all this 4k @60fps is it possible to go beyond the 60fps for instance "120fps" or will it need alot more cores/computing power to acheive to this standard?

I know your the guy to go to with tech and all the in deph maths and science.

Human eyes can't see above 30fps

Sudo make me a sandwich