Corsair CX430M 80Plus Bronze PSU + Ryzen 5 2600 + GTX 1060 Founders Edition

Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,
Just now, Harvester said:

Haha, PSU blowing up is scary to think about! I have had such an incident a few years back with a cheap PSU that came included with the case that blew up which was why I wanted to know before hand if my CX430M is gonna handle it if paired it with Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1060 FE.

None of my units have actually blown up or come close to doing so, they just can't supply enough power to turn on a system.

Your CX430M will be fine, but definitely plan to replace it before 2019.

Hi everyone, I am on the verge of purchasing a Ryzen 5 2600 and have a GTX 1060 Founders edition with a Corsair CX430M PSU. Will that power supply be enough for a little overclock on the CPU and overall compatibility in general?

You should be OK, so long as you don't OC at all.

If you want to, I suggest you buy something slightly better.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

I'd get a CX450M or 550M instead, personally.

That said, you will be fine with your current unit as long as you have no plans to overclock with it. 430W is kinda pushing the limit.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, Harvester said:

Hi everyone, I am on the verge of purchasing a Ryzen 5 2600 and have a GTX 1060 Founders edition PSU with a Corsair CX430M PSU. Will that power supply be enough for a little overclock on the CPU and overall compatibility in general?

Don't buy the old CX. Get the newer one, the CX450 or CX450M. Those are much better.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Don't buy the old CX. Get the newer one, the CX450 or CX450M. Those are much better.

Thing is I already own the older CX430M. So I was thinking if that would suffice or I'd need something better.

2 minutes ago, Harvester said:

Thing is I already own the older CX430M. So I was thinking if that would suffice or I'd need something better.

It's not the greatest quality, but it should last you until you can grab a newer unit.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It's not the greatest quality, but it should last you until you can grab a newer unit.

Great, I'm currently using a Pentium G4560 and it's bottlenecking my GPU on the newer titles that I play hence the decision to upgrade the processor. If that PSU can last me about 6 to 7 months with the Ryzen 5 2600 I'll keep the PSU for now and upgrade to a better one down the line.

1 minute ago, Harvester said:

Great, I'm currently using a Pentium G4560 and it's bottlenecking my GPU on the newer titles that I play hence the decision to upgrade the processor. If that PSU can last me about 6 to 7 months with the Ryzen 5 2600 I'll keep the PSU for now and upgrade to a better one down the line.

Ideally, it should last you that long.

I've had a PSU crap on me overnight, and another one literally after a restart. Those were definitely worse units than the CX430M, but you should be fine for a few months.

"and have a GTX 1060 Founders edition PSU with a Corsair CX430M PSU" I really gotta wonder how hard it is for people to read sometimes.

I wouldn't overclock, but you should be alright with that combo. You'd be using like 250-something watts (I'm just pulling it out of my ass but I'm probably not far off) but the PSU should be able to handle it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Ideally, it should last you that long.

I've had a PSU crap on me overnight, and another one literally after a restart. Those were definitely worse units than the CX430M, but you should be fine for a few months.

Haha, PSU blowing up is scary to think about! I have had such an incident a few years back with a cheap PSU that came included with the case that blew up which was why I wanted to know before hand if my CX430M is gonna handle it if paired it with Ryzen 5 2600 and GTX 1060 FE.

Just now, Harvester said:

None of my units have actually blown up or come close to doing so, they just can't supply enough power to turn on a system.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'll surely replacing it by the end of the year  :). Thanks a lot for all the help! Marking the thread as solved!