Silverstone RVZ01 Unboxing & Review

LinusTech

another expensive things... why everything is so expensive in Indonesia

Freelance Designer

i7 3770K-MSI z77A- GD65 - 16Gb team elite - MSI GTX 670 OC PE - Enermax 850 W - Corsair H60 - VenomRX HABU v3 NTX - 

Canon 7D - 18 200 mm - 50 mm f1.8

Hey Linus, just out of curiosity, couldn't you do a 2011 build by water cooling it? or would that be to much for the double rad with a video card? I'm not much into water cooling my self so I frankly don't have a clue...

Thanks

Hey Linus, just out of curiosity, couldn't you do a 2011 build by water cooling it? or would that be to much for the double rad with a video card? I'm not much into water cooling my self so I frankly don't have a clue...

Thanks

no boards available unfortunately. The socket just takes up too much space.

Was someone new doing the camera work? My expectations might have been higher since it was a case overview but the focus/lighting/angles were pretty mediocre compared to some of your recent videos I've seen.

Un-building a built system to showcase a case is a pretty good idea though IMHO.

@LinusTech do you think the SFX mini power supply are the biggest set back with these mini systems.  you were holding up a Titan with the Asrock M8 yesterday.  would that system actually be-able cope with the power of a high end GPU's.

what i am saying do you think we need a 500W+ SFX gold PSU? As these cases are great for the size and the thermals are getting better and better but do they have the power? 

I debating cases right now the EVGA Hadron seems like a string contender. but this looks clean and the Asrock M8 look amazing!

CPU: AMD PHENOM II X4 945 GPU: AMD 7850 (ASUS) RAM: CORSAIR VANGEANCE LP 8GB CPU COOLER: CM HYPER 212(old one) HDD: SAMSUNG 500GB PSU: MODECOM CARBON 530W MB: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P KB: CMSTORM QUICKFIRE RAPID MOUSE: CORSAIR M60 SPEAKERS: LOGITECH LS21

Ross, with how tech is going and taking less and less power, youd be fine with that PSU. I own one ( had bought it for the ncaee m1 and i am currently using it in my prodigy.

I wonder if a GTX 770 Lightning can fit into this case...Linus?

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

That was the best LTT unboxing I've seen yet! I loved how you took apart the already made system, and hope to see more unboxings like that in the future! How thick of a rad could you fit under the GPU?

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

no boards available unfortunately. The socket just takes up too much space.

Thanks Linus, Didn't realize there weren't any boards available.

Er, neither the NCIX or Amazon links go to the product. And doing a manual search for it on NCIX or Amazon brings up zero results... what gives?

@LinusTech would an H100i fit in there with fans mounted onto it? if it doesnt, would it be a good idea to use a blower fan design graphics card to blow air through the rad? 

"Come on little guy!"

Nice! Slick looking case... I like the look as well as the air flow additions.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Anyone have the dimensions for this thing? I'm planning a small form factor build for my girlfriend this summer and right now she has her heart set on the FT03 mini, but it can have compatibility issues with the longer graphics cards.

First Build:| Gigabyte 990FXa-UD3 | FX 8120 4.0Ghz | Coolermaster Seidon 240M | Asus Radeon HD 7870 | Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD + WD Green 2TB HDD | Corsair RM750 | 8Gb Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz CL9| Fractal Define R4 White/Windowed |

Personally, Linus, I prefer to see the naked case when you're doing an unboxing.  That way I can imagine my own build, and more importantly it shows me how the whole thing goes together without anything blocking the view.  

I don't mind seeing a build in the case, but please show the glamour shots of the empty case at least somewhere in the video.  

Also, I find the constant panning during glamour shots very distracting.  The constant motion makes it very difficult to focus on the things you are trying to draw our attention to.  Perhaps a pan-to-stop (or focus-to-stop) would be a better approach.  Or just leave it as it used to be, with you indicating on the case during the unboxing.  

This looks like a pretty awesome case, and I <3 Silverstone, although I'm not sure if I would choose this over the FT-03 mini (that is one damned sexy case).  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

Hey Linus. I heard you said that it fits a dual 120mm rad down there under the GPU?! What kind of black magic is that?! So could you fit an h100i down there? I'm comfortable doing some modding

Hey Linus. I heard you said that it fits a dual 120mm rad down there under the GPU?! What kind of black magic is that?! So could you fit an h100i down there? I'm comfortable doing some modding

Yes Linus did say that but I cant see a regular 120 rad going in there. If you look at the video he has thin fans (12mm I think) so I think you can put rad in it will just have to be a thin rad.

is this a barebones kit?

I believe it is just the case and you buy all the other components.

is this a barebones kit?

I believe it is just the case and you buy all the other components.

the case includes a 450w psu.

20131007215443314331.jpg

Linus do you have any idea when this case will be available?