Silverstone RVZ01 Unboxing & Review

LinusTech

NCIX: http://www.ncix.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=RVZ01

Amazon: http://georiot.co/ItB

My review of the Ravern RVZ01 from Silverstone is here. It's also kinda an unboxing I guess. The compactness of this case is similar to the Asrock M8, but the key differences here are cost (less $$$), materials (plastic vs aluminum alloy), and cooling (dramatically better on air and liquid cooling capability on top of that)

edit: yeah I know the pricing links don't work yet. This bad boy isn't available yet so they are just links to search results :P

Looks nice, Potential HTPC case?

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

Oooooh, Ultimate HTPC/Steam Box. 

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

could need some more 3.5" mounting options though :P

Actually I disagree. HTPCs should pull all of their media off a NAS imo...

Actually I disagree. HTPCs should pull all of their media off a NAS imo...

I knew this response would come, but if it would build a htpc right now it most likely would integrate a NAS.

For the simple reason, that the hardware in a dedicated NAS would just sit there and idle most of the time and it would kinda be a waste of money to have two quite similar builds.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I was wondering if you actually could try and fit that DirectCU2 780 in there. That case has nice large ventilation down there so that you are not limited to cards with blower coolers.

Would highly appreciate that.

Cheers

I knew this response would come, but if it would build a htpc right now it most likely would integrate a NAS.

Yeah I can see that side of things as well. Personally I like having a separate server machine because it does SO MUCH MORE than just serve media files around my house, but I totally understand that budgets are not unlimited.

One of my other favourite cases (also Silverstone) is the GD08. That's probably more your speed.

Silverstone make such awesome cases. How big it is compared to a ps4 or xbone? @LinusTech 

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

Silverstone make such awesome cases. How big it is compared to a ps4 or xbone? @LinusTech 

It's a fair bit bigger than those, but when you consider that it's several times more powerful, has its power supply INSIDE (unlike XBOne) and runs very very quiet... I'm still impressed.

One of my other favourite cases (also Silverstone) is the GD08. That's probably more your speed.

I still kinda hope, that the makers of my beloved M1 ( http://ncases.com/ ) decide to run another campaign and build a Steambox case :D

I still kinda hope, that the makers of my beloved M1 ( http://ncases.com/ ) decide to run another campaign and build a Steambox case :D

Do they accept orders? I woudln't midn getting my hands on one.

Linus, you know that orange screw driver you have? What brand is that cuz i want to buy it. Looks like a good screw driver for builds, my screw drivers suck, i can't get any grip on them and they keep slipping.

I do really love seeing a full build inside a chassis. Especially a real build with everything wired up.

Do they accept orders? I woudln't midn getting my hands on one.

no (not right now), the Indiegog campaign ended in August with more than 700 cases sold.

But the makers kinda indicated, that there will come something else when all campaign backers got their cases.

Maybe another run of the M1, maybe a M2. 

Linus, you know that orange screw driver you have? What brand is that cuz i want to buy it. Looks like a good screw driver for builds, my screw drivers suck, i can't get any grip on them and they keep slipping.

Snap-on. But just go buy a rubberized screwdriver/magnetic screwdriver. They shouldn't be that expensive. Snap-on is expensive because it's basically a "name brand."

The links dont work for me Linus! Posting from 'Murrica. If it wasnt for my interest in this case I wouldnt have gone through the silly "what does the code of conduct say?" security questions to create an account to post this. 

Normally case unboxings are pretty boring but I love this new style @LinusTech . This case is also particularly interesting to me since I want to do an ITX build.

Nice ITX-Case! :)

Is the pricing already revealed or do we still have to wait for that?

It looks like a really good case. What kind of weight could it support while horizontal, ie. could you sit a monitor on top of it.

Also for a NAS case imo the Lian Li PC-Q25 is one of if not the best if you don't want to use SAS.

Too bad there is already a system in there, I'd love to see you or someone at LinusMedia record building a system into that case. I always like watching people do builds for ITX cases or really any uniquely designed case. The case looks great too. I really do like this style of "unboxing" for cases though. It's really nice to see how everything fits together and gives a much better idea of how much room you have to manuver cables and how much extra space you have for non-standard or non-common parts.

Linus, heres a M1 for sale on ebay. 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ncase-M1-Aluminum-mini-itx-case-Manufactured-by-Lian-Li-/201010434464?pt=US_Computer_Cases&hash=item2ecd27d1a0&_uhb=1

I was one of the buyers of this case but decided to sell it before receiving it. I shouldnt of it looks so nice. I guess ill have to stick with my Orange Prodigy.

This video is way more interesting than most because you can actually see how a system fits together and what kind of hardware its capable of holding. More like this would be a really nice change from the normal empty chassis unboxings that are pretty much everywhere on the youtubes.

I cant help but point out its similarities to the Alienware X51.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.