$950 budget gaming laptop with good display panel for photo/video color editing ?

Suggestion on 15 inch gaming laptops with really good for gaming and photo/video color editing ?
Tn panel would be good too 

23 minutes ago, navioooo said:

Suggestion on 15 inch gaming laptops with really good display above entry level ?
Tn panel is good too 

Where do you live?? Also how much battery life any weight restrictions???

8 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

Where do you live?? Also how much battery life any weight restrictions???

California and not really worried about weight and battery life specifically because laptop will be plugged mostly because of using the gpu a lot on Cad softwares 

Define good. Good enough to display text, good enough to game, good enough to do photo/video color editing, etc

2 minutes ago, TLCH723 said:

Define good. Good enough to display text, good enough to game, good enough to do photo/video color editing, etc

Gaming and photo editing 

I think the Dell G5 is a good laptop to consider if you live in the US. It has reasonably good thermals and a decent display for the price, if you require more CPU Horsepower get the i7-8750H version for 1029$ or the i5-8300H for more GPU horsepower at 999$.

However I think you might be able to get better displays on other laptops. Ask @ZM Fong for help.

2 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

I think the Dell G5 is a good laptop to consider if you live in the US. It has reasonably good thermals and a decent display for the price, if you require more CPU Horsepower get the i7-8750H version for 1029$ or the i5-8300H for more GPU horsepower at 999$.

do you think the display of the G5 is better than lets say the acer 300 or even my old Tn panel laptop which was the acer aspire e15 940 mx ?

1 minute ago, TLCH723 said:

How about the HP Omen 15

is the build quality good ? 

Just now, navioooo said:

do you think the display of the G5 is better than lets say the acer 300 or even my old Tn panel laptop which was the acer aspire e15 940 mx ?

I suggest looking at reviews of the Dell G5 on ultrabookcheck and notebookreview. Both extensively review laptops.

3 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

I suggest looking at reviews of the Dell G5 on ultrabookcheck and notebookreview. Both extensively review laptops.

okay thanks Tarun 

45 minutes ago, navioooo said:

Suggestion on 15 inch gaming laptops with really good for gaming and photo/video color editing ?
Tn panel would be good too 

You need good sRGB panel for that. I think your only options are HP Omen dc or Pavilion Gaming with 144Hz/4K panel.

G5 has entry level IPS (FHD)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

5 minutes ago, navioooo said:

is the build quality good ? 

For the new 2018 dc model, yes

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

3 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

You need good sRGB panel for that. I think your only options are HP Omen dc or Pavilion Gaming with 144Hz/4K panel.

G5 has entry level IPS (FHD)

The Acer Nitro Spin seems to have a good display but performance....

1 minute ago, Tarun10 said:

The Acer Nitro Spin seems to have a good display but performance....

Yeah throttling. Acer still loves using outdated cooling designs in many of their laptops for whatever reason

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

the 4k pavilion gaming is not on my budget :(

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

Yeah throttling. Acer still loves using outdated cooling designs in many of their laptops for whatever reason

My HP Envy 15 x360 scores higher in Cinebench(545) R15 despite a 15W TDP compared to a similar i7-8550U Acer Nitro Spin.

2 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

My HP Envy 15 x360 scores higher in Cinebench(545) R15 despite a 15W TDP compared to a similar i7-8550U Acer Nitro Spin.

Hmm weird. Aspire 5 can score over 600cb despite slightly worse cooling

4 minutes ago, navioooo said:

the 4k pavilion gaming is not on my budget :(

How about 144Hz option? If not, you have to deal with entry level IPS panel (which will open to more options)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Hmm weird. Aspire 5 can score over 600cb despite slightly worse cooling

How about 144Hz option? If not, you have to deal with entry level IPS panel (which will open to more options)

Maybe TDP is 20 or 25W on the Apsire 5. I have seen people hit 560-570 on 20W easily. But my undervolts are stable only till -0.110 volts.

7 minutes ago, navioooo said:

@Tarun10 and @ZM Fong how's the MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US for screen rgb? 

Seems to have good color gamut compared to other devices but it throttles and performance is lesser than the Acer Nitro 5. Also display is less than 200 nits peak brightness. Most gaming laptops have at least 250 nits which is sort of okay for indoor use but 200 is very less. Only indoor use even a tubelight behind you could ruin visibility.

11 minutes ago, navioooo said:

@Tarun10 and @ZM Fong how's the MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US for screen rgb? 

What exact CAD softwares do you use??? Some are CPU intensive while others are GPU intensive. I think your best bet is getting a used higher end gaming laptop with better display or get a 800$ laptop and find a good used monitor that is color accurate on craigslist. 

Mostly I use Revit and Lumion sometimes cinema 4d and 3ds max  @Tarun10 i was okay with my 940mx tbh .. but i'd like a better machine now 
reason why I was looking for a good display screen is because I also do photography and yes i could just buy an external monitor .. 
Which laptop in terms of performance, build quality , don't mind if heavy , ram upgradable and ssd m2 + hdd laptop would you recommend ? for my budget then if i have to get an external monitor .. @ZM Fong

11 minutes ago, navioooo said:

Mostly I use Revit and Lumion sometimes cinema 4d and 3ds max  @Tarun10 i was okay with my 940mx tbh .. but i'd like a better machine now 
reason why I was looking for a good display screen is because I also do photography and yes i could just buy an external monitor .. 
Which laptop in terms of performance, build quality , don't mind if heavy , ram upgradable and ssd m2 + hdd laptop would you recommend ? for my budget then if i have to get an external monitor .. @ZM Fong

It seems Revit is more CPU intensive and requires at least 20 times the RAM of the project file size. Cinema 4D and 3DS max are almost exclusively CPU intensive. But Lumion requires a very good GPU to run. So I think you could look at online render times of projects on hardware.

I think your best bet is an i5-8300H with a GTX 1050TI or higher depending on price pint. First look at prices of good monitors used and then tell us your budget for the laptop alone. I will search for other laptops with better displays.