The media creation tool won't let me download W10 to a USB drive

Gayten

Finished building my pc a few hours ago, and was really amped to get started. However, the media creation tool doesn't give me an option whether I want to download onto a USB (Mine is a 16GB Lenovo) or burn it onto a disc. All it says is "There is not enough room on the C: drive" after clicking accept on the language and windows version screen. It's really frustrating that there is no option for what drive I want it downloaded onto. Also to note, my laptop has a tiny hard drive (32GB) and currently only has 5GB left, so I can't copy and paste the files onto the usb.

Help would be much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Gayten said:

Finished building my pc a few hours ago, and was really amped to get started. However, the media creation tool doesn't give me an option whether I want to download onto a USB (Mine is a 16GB Lenovo) or burn it onto a disc. All it says is "There is not enough room on the C: drive" after clicking accept on the language and windows version screen. It's really frustrating that there is no option for what drive I want it downloaded onto. Also to note, my laptop has a tiny hard drive (32GB) and currently only has 5GB left, so I can't copy and paste the files onto the usb.

Help would be much appreciated.

get google drive, copy a few large files onto there and then create the usb drive, after that download them back

If you have no external drive and all you have is only your newly build PC and laptop with tiny SSD, then it may be a problem. If you cannot remove any of your files and have no access to any third computer, then only very complicated method may be a solution. Is your tiny SSD removable?

If you can remove any of your files put it on the usb (or on your phone) till you have windows. 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

Easiest way would be to get another USB. The hard way around is to first get small Linux distro and install that. Then you can make another bootable USB on Linux with Windows on it and install it. This will take maybe 2-3 hours more compared to if you just would install Windows.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv