Nintendo drags two ROM sites to court over "brazen and mass-scale infringement of Nintendo’s intellectual property"

ItsMitch
1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

When did Nintendo own the IP to 3000+ titles across their systems?  o.O

Just SNES, and number is that high cause site also includes same ROMs with different languages and fan translations.

Still, their attack would not only remove their games from those sites but also every other games you can find on those sites.

They're not simply trying to force them to stop spreading mario kart, they're for the shutdown off the all damn thing.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

Just SNES, and number is that high cause site also includes same ROMs with different languages and fan translations.

Still, their attack would not only remove their games from those sites but also every other games you can find on those sites.

They're not simply trying to force them to stop spreading mario kart, they're for the shutdown off the all damn thing.

The website shutting down is merely a side effect of Nintendo taking legal action. Nintendo is only taking legal action for the games they own and the site was hosting. Which again, if Nintendo was awarded the $150,000 per infringement, even hosting a handful of ROMs is likely enough to break an amateur website. If the website is shutting down, then their hope is that Nintendo will drop the suit and leave them alone (only really to pop up somewhere else)

Nintendo doesn't care otherwise. Zophar's Domain is still alive and kicking as one of the oldest emulation websites simply for not hosting any ROMs of commercial games in the first place. They have ROMs, but they're mostly homebrew stuff.

5 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

They do, it's called the Virtual Console.

Not supported by the switch. And far from all games are supported on virtual console anyway. 

Good guy SEGA who make some of their older titles available on multiple platforms. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Just the other day my buddy gave me a 16 Gig flash drive full of roms. Nintendo and Sega. He said he downloaded a bunch because of this going on now. Hope Nintendo knows that Pirates always win. Look at Hollywood, how well have they done stopping the pirates? All I can say to Nintendo is Good Luck. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.