making a non-rgb case rgb?

kingblook

yesterday i posted a topic asking for rgb case recommendations. i still haven't found one that i love yet, so i'm thinking about how i can make a normal case (with a tempered glass panel) rgb. i know it's possible, installing led strips seems like the most common way to go. but i'm wondering if there are any other ways to go. for example, could i install 2-3 rgb case fans and have those be enough to light up the entire case? this is my first build so i don't really know if that would work or not. i'd really appreciate everyone's thoughts/previous experience!

I do not know what u mean by rgb case. And yes it is possible and common to install rgb fans to light up inside of the case. If you go 2 top and 1 back it should be plenty for lighting up the case. It looks even better when the case has dark tint tg such as meshify c. Nowadays you can buy rgb mobos, rgb coolers, rgb ram sticks, basically everything.

I personally do not like rgb strips in cases. It looks cheap-ish in my opinion. Maybe I have not yet seen it done properly?

The other thing is that equally powerful components with rgbs can be 20% more expensive than without them(e. g. Ram sticks - non rgb 160, rgb 200).

7 hours ago, kingblook said:

yesterday i posted a topic asking for rgb case recommendations. i still haven't found one that i love yet, so i'm thinking about how i can make a normal case (with a tempered glass panel) rgb. i know it's possible, installing led strips seems like the most common way to go. but i'm wondering if there are any other ways to go. for example, could i install 2-3 rgb case fans and have those be enough to light up the entire case? this is my first build so i don't really know if that would work or not. i'd really appreciate everyone's thoughts/previous experience!

I'd say do whatever you think looks best. And those case fans should light the case up nicely, if not add an led strip towards the side panel so it's kinda hidden and gives the case a nice glow.

Main pc

CPU: AMD RYZEN 2200G || GPU: EVGA GTX 780 || PSU: EVGA 500W  ||  MOBO: MSI B350M MORTAR ||

RAM: BALLISTIX SPORT LT 12GB (4X3) DDR4 3133 MHz ||  CPU COOLER: AMD WRAITH STEALTH || SSD: SILICON POWER S55 120GB (BOOT) ||

HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB BLUE 7.2K RPM, 200GB random Toshiba HDD || CASE: Thermaltake View 28 ||

Consoles

|| XBOX 360 || NINTENDO WII U || PLAYSTATION 3 || PSVita (1000 model, henkaku fw 3.87 || NINTENDO 3DS XL || Nintendo Switch Lite ||

On 7/22/2018 at 4:22 AM, kingblook said:

installing led strips seems like the most common way to go. but i'm wondering if there are any other ways to go. for example, could i install 2-3 rgb case fans and have those be enough to light up the entire case?

Absolutely. I would often recommend this approach, as many LED's are bright enough to fill an entire case and many of those "RGB" cases often sacrifice other feature like build quality or user friendly building process. Even just a single small LED strip is enough to illuminate an entire case (See the Purple build in my signature) but if you desire more, a couple of RGB strips and LED fans will make it bright even in a very well lit room (See the Blue Build)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

you can always just buy motherboard with RGB header and with some tools add to case DIY magnetic led strip i have paid for parts 14 dollars ( converted from euro ) and for the price i think it looks good  :)  pizap.com15323673533181.jpg.56d767cf27806ad7ee8ca405edc8a2bc.jpg

7 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Absolutely. I would often recommend this approach, as many LED's are bright enough to fill an entire case and many of those "RGB" cases often sacrifice other feature like build quality or user friendly building process. Even just a single small LED strip is enough to illuminate an entire case (See the Purple build in my signature) but if you desire more, a couple of RGB strips and LED fans will make it bright even in a very well lit room (See the Blue Build)

this is great advice, thank you! i think i'll probably approach it by starting with rgb fans and adding led strips later, if i think they're needed.