i want to work with linustechtips

bassam
On 7/19/2018 at 7:24 PM, AngryBeaver said:

Next I am sure Linus uses a fairly small team of friends/family.

Well, LMG employs 20+ people and only 2 of them are in same family (Colton's wife doesn't count as she has only done consulting), Linus and Yvonne. Even Luke and Ed, who have been there forever, are hired help.

On 7/19/2018 at 7:24 PM, AngryBeaver said:

The next problem is you have no post count here, you aren't active. You are just a random person asking to work for linus. If you want to even have a chance at getting that possibility you need to be active, helpful, and knowledgeable.

This is bullshit. Post count tells nothing. You could have 25k posts and still wouldn't mean anything. If there's someone who has actual skills they are looking for or can represent themselves in application and interview better, they get hired more likely. Being super-fanboy isn't professional quality.

Your points would be more true if they would be looking for on-screen personality. Either as host or occasional backing role.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

that's the hardest part...you need a very good reason to be accepted here...you don't just ''move in'' just because you feel like it...that's not how it works :P

Begin /s

*rides to border patrol on moose* I am here to live in Canada, eh. I like Hockey, I say soory correctly and i only drink Maple Syrup from "Pure" sources, not that Aunt Jemima garbage (note; this part is true)

*Mounty* you're hired, eh!

end /s

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎19 at 9:24 AM, AngryBeaver said:

The next problem is you have no post count here, you aren't active. You are just a random person asking to work for linus. If you want to even have a chance at getting that possibility you need to be active, helpful, and knowledgeable.

When was the last time a forum member was hired? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

When was the last time a forum member was hired? 

And when was the last time a staff member had a high post count? (Excluding video announcement or similar posts)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

On 19/07/2018 at 12:24 PM, i_build_nanosuits said:

Most people who comes to this forum also love, breath and dream about tech...and we don't work there.

Also, your problem is that you are completely at the other side of the world, and you probably speak a very approximate broken form of english that most people can't really understand. o.O

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this ain't happening any time soon. :/

You can’t say that cuz Anyone from anywhere can learn English and the correct way like grammar so it wouldn’t matter where your from 

On 7/19/2018 at 7:15 AM, bassam said:

im a graduate from pakistan its my dream to work with u guys as im married with technologies and i really love them

Speaking from experience, target a career, not a job. If you target a job, you lose sight of the bigger picture and can miss out on opportunities. If you focus on a career path and look for options within it, you can stumble into something completely unexpected that you turn out to be really good at.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

7 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

You can’t say that cuz Anyone from anywhere can learn English and the correct way like grammar so it wouldn’t matter where your from 

Dennis is a prime example. Not sure if he was an international student or something. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

29 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Dennis is a prime example. Not sure if he was an international student or something. 

Even a international student requires a work visa, w/o that you're only allowed to study. Not saying it is impossible but usually when Linus posts a video to hire they are looking for someone within a few weeks, not a few months. In order to get permits easily (or increased chances) you need a job here (or a promise of one), something linus won't do unless extreme cases come up which he has explained once (I think on the WAN show) about how he had to prove stuff, including I think looking for local people who can do the work.

Basically if some Canadian applied to LMG with OP, with equal credentials or potential, LMG would be required to hire them instead of someone who has no work permit here let alone possibly living.

17 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Begin /s

*rides to border patrol on moose* I am here to live in Canada, eh. I like Hockey, I say soory correctly and i only drink Maple Syrup from "Pure" sources, not that Aunt Jemima garbage (note; this part is true)

*Mounty* you're hired, eh!

end /s

"I only listen Justin Bieber, Nickelback, Avril Lavigne and other proper Canadian bands"

12 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

He was studying film making (or whatever the thing is called) in same school with Berkel and I think either Brandon or Ed. He must have had student&work visa. Such combinations are common for students spending atleast 6mo in country. The problem with him became when they forgot to extend work visa in time and submit all documents. And if visa expires, you can't apply for another inside country. If Dennis didn't have permanent job at LTT, he woulnd't have got another visa in year or more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv