Probably over-reacting to a windows update bug.

NutJob3869

I will start this by admitting that I was not a perfect 13yo when windows 10 came out so I got the legit iso but got a program that cracked it and made it licensed, I was having trouble with this approach and generally felt bad about it so I bought a key and all was well, but I have noticed that when I go to windows update it says "Some settings are managed by your organisation" which slightly surprised me due to this being a home computer and I have a probably fairly irrational fear that it was the hack that did this and my computer might be sending data to some rando who made that hack thinking that they are my 'organisation', from my research it seems to be just a bug and the group policy actually does stuff that I want eg. stopping random updates which I tried to do a while ago and may have caused this so my question is,(in case it wasn't me) will my computer send any data to any source that may have set up this group policy, even though it was probably 2-years-ago me lol. Thanks for you patience in getting to the end of a lengthy story of why I am a moron. :)

3 minutes ago, NutJob3869 said:

I will start this by admitting that I was not a perfect 13yo when windows 10 came out so I got the legit iso but got a program that cracked it and made it licensed, I was having trouble with this approach and generally felt bad about it so I bought a key and all was well, but I have noticed that when I go to windows update it says "Some settings are managed by your organisation" which slightly surprised me due to this being a home computer and I have a probably fairly irrational fear that it was the hack that did this and my computer might be sending data to some rando who made that hack thinking that they are my 'organisation', from my research it seems to be just a bug and the group policy actually does stuff that I want eg. stopping random updates which I tried to do a while ago and may have caused this so my question is,(in case it wasn't me) will my computer send any data to any source that may have set up this group policy, even though it was probably 2-years-ago me lol. Thanks for you patience in getting to the end of a lengthy story of why I am a moron. :)

lol It just means it's managed by the Administrator account of windows 10. You're  fine.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

1 minute ago, gbergeron said:

lol It just means it's managed by the Administrator account of windows 10. You're  fine.

Thanks mate :)

1 minute ago, gbergeron said:

I had this issues on 1803 when I reinstall windows but when I go check it again today it disappeared.

Magical Pineapples

If you've used tools like ShutUp10, Anti-Beacon or whatever other applications that lets you put a stop to various Windows related services quickly and easily (like their Telemetry stuff), then you would see these kind of messages(Or if you yourself changed some registry keys). Nothing to worry about.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro