How good will this run?

uReqt

@Wolther Im really wanting a Water cooler as I think the rgb they have looks perfect, with a build like this can I still have one? also is there risks it can leak if its a AIO

Current PC

CPU: I5-7400

GPU: Gigabyte 1050Ti

RAM: Crucial DDR4 8GB 2133mhz

CASE: GameMax Falcon

MOBO: Prime B250M-A

Peripherals                                                                

Mouse: Corsair Sabre

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe

Mic/headphone: Blue Yeti /w JVC HA-SR50X

Mouse Mat: Razer Goliathus

Saved some money and switched you in a 240MM Radiator RGB Water Cooler.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (£312.27 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£57.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B360 AORUS Gaming 3 WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£95.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£155.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£56.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£52.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card  (£478.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£79.48 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case Fan: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB (3 pack w/Lighting Node PRO) 47.3 CFM  120mm Fans  (£76.70 @ Amazon UK) 
Monitor: ViewSonic - XG2401 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  (£199.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1646.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-16 04:59 BST+0100

Link to a multi-vendor variant of same build. Not a large difference TBH: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/HVf8jy

Rawr.

10 minutes ago, uReqt said:

@AskTJ I'd prefer to go with an i7-8700k and leave it alone  (Not overclock) I am just looking for a mobo to pair it with (NONE Overclock mobo)

Why get an overclockable CPU with a non overclockable motherboard? Stupid. The i7 8700 will run at the same speed as a stock 8700K.

hi.

@AskTJEven without an overclock the 8700K does in fact beat the 8700. The clocks on the two models are different with the 8700K having a higher base clock and higher turbo clock

Rawr.

3 minutes ago, uReqt said:

@Wolther Im really wanting a Water cooler as I think the rgb they have looks perfect, with a build like this can I still have one? also is there risks it can leak if its a AIO

If you just want the rgb, you can replace the fans with a rgb one, but if it’s also the water cooler you want there shouldn’t be any problems. 

You can use the one you wanted originally or look at nzxt https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/2RdFf7/nzxt-kraken-x62-rev-2-982-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-rl-krx62-02

1 minute ago, Sernefarian said:

Even without an overclock the 8700K does in fact beat the 8700. The clocks on the two models are different with the 8700K having a higher base clock and higher turbo clock

The turbo is about 100 mhz difference, not worth the cost 

@Sernefarian I have my eye on a cheaper 144hz (around 30£ cheaper)

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

1 minute ago, uReqt said:

@Sernefarian I have my eye on a cheaper 144hz (around 30£ cheaper)

Awesome that you found one for less. :D

Rawr.

@Sernefarian With the PC that you have made how much FPS on what setting could I get PLUS how long will its lifetime be?

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

9 minutes ago, Sernefarian said:

Even without an overclock the 8700K does in fact beat the 8700. The clocks on the two models are different with the 8700K having a higher base clock and higher turbo clock

Yes they do, but is it really worth the extra £50? If you're looking for the best value, you probably want to do an i5-8600K for just £210, and pair it with a Z370 motherboard. You'd get pretty much the same single core and six-core performance, and the only thing you'd lose is HT. Unless you're doing a ton of video encoding or other multi-threaded CPU tasks, you won't see the benefit of the i7 with HT anyway. Whether or not you actually overclock now doesn't really matter, the 8600K is a better value either way.

I wouldn't pair a K-series cpu with a locked motherboard though, that's like getting a Lamborghini and then only revving it up in the driveway every once in a while. I guess there's nothing preventing you from doing that, but it just seems a waste of potential. Plus what if you decide you want to overclock down the road? With the Z series it's as simple as making that decision and looking up how to do it. Without, you'd have to replace the motherboard which entails dealing with the hell of Windows reactivation, and transplanting everything out of the current motherboard. 

I'm heading off for tonight, @Sernefarian If you could answer the question about the Lifetime and FPS would be very appreciated!

Thank you all ! I'm going with Sernefarian's build -  PCPartPicker part list

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

2 minutes ago, uReqt said:

I'm heading off for tonight, @Sernefarian If you could answer the question about the Lifetime and FPS would be very appreciated!

Thank you all ! I'm going with Sernefarian's build -  PCPartPicker part list

You should be able to push 100+ frames in nearly all major and minor titles currently on the market @ 1080P with the build, and will likely be over 144FPS in the majority of them. The build should be more than satisfactory for around the next 3 to perhaps as many as 6 or 7 years.

Rawr.

If I can afford a 1080ti will it be okay to put in the system? @Sernefarian

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

Also If I was to get a Z series motherboard does I matter if I dont overclock? as Its good to have if I eventually do

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

If I can afford a 1080ti will it be okay to put in the system? @Sernefarian

The power supply should be more than adequate for a 1080TI. If you do move up to a 1080TI you might consider getting yourself a 1440P monitor in the future.

Rawr.

Also If I was to get a Z series motherboard does I matter if I dont overclock? as Its good to have if I eventually do

Overclocking is the main draw of those boards, however not a neccessity. As a general rule the Z Series boards have better overall build quality than the B and H boards. Including, but not limited to better VRMs, Capacitors, sometimes finer traces, included heatsinks, and finally BIOS and UEFI implementations.

Rawr.

@Sernefarian I'v already swap;d it out for a 650 W as I like to be safe. and about the Z series motherboard is it good to have if I eventually need to Overclock?

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

@Sernefarian if so can you find me a Z series mobo so in the future I could if needed? as Im worried I might need to eventually.

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

@Sernefarian I'v already swap;d it out for a 650 W as I like to be safe. and about the Z series motherboard is it good to have if I eventually need to Overclock?

To engage in fine grained Overclocking the Z board is a must. Some of the Lower Tier B and H boards include the option to adjust the boards Base Clock, however this is generally not recommended as it could lead to system instability, also the boards generally are not built to a spec that really holds up to such adjustment.

Rawr.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor  (£207.00 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£26.25 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£76.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Team - Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£158.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£55.72 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£52.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 Video Card  (£695.47 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: KOLINK - OBSERVATORY RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (£61.75 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£67.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1403.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-16 05:27 BST+0100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

@Sernefarian Can I buy a Z series and never use the overclocking for it? (Think of it like a sleeper agent only if I ever need it il use it)

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

@Herman Mcpootis Thanks for helping:)

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

@Sernefarian https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/DXCrxr/msi-z370-gaming-pro-carbon-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z370-gaming-pro-carbon is this a good mobo for what I want ( A sleeper Overclock MOBO It may never be overclocked)

Current PC

Peripherals                                                                

8 minutes ago, uReqt said:

@Sernefarian Can I buy a Z series and never use the overclocking for it? (Think of it like a sleeper agent only if I ever need it il use it)

You most certainly can do so, and as for helping no problem. I enjoyed doing it.

Rawr.