How to play .bk2 files (Prey ingame videos)

Go to solution Solved by Willowwizard,

.bk2 are Bink Video files commonly used in games. There isn't any way to play them other than using the aforementioned software. As long as you download from the previously linked website; it shouldn't be contaminated with any sort of virus. Either your antivirus is drawing a false positive (in which case, add an exception for the executable), or you're downloading from a shady website that does include malware with the software download.

Hi, i'd like to play .bk2 ingame files from Prey and potentionally convert them to a normal format like mp4.

The only SW capable of doing that is Rad Video Tools, but it triggers Window Defender that says it has Trojan Bitrep.B and won't let me download it.

Any way to get around that?

Thanks

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Do you have Prey? Those sound same as source engine demo files. Which means you can view them ingame and capture screen like you would with normal game recording.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

.bk2 are Bink Video files commonly used in games. There isn't any way to play them other than using the aforementioned software. As long as you download from the previously linked website; it shouldn't be contaminated with any sort of virus. Either your antivirus is drawing a false positive (in which case, add an exception for the executable), or you're downloading from a shady website that does include malware with the software download.

Desktop: HP Z220 Workstation, 12 GB RAM, 2x500 GB HDD RAID0, + GTX 1060 3GB

Laptop: ThinkPad T430, 8 GB RAM, 1x120 GB SSD

22 hours ago, TakataruMC said:

On 13. 7. 2018 at 8:14 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Do you have Prey? Those sound same as source engine demo files. Which means you can view them ingame and capture screen like you would with normal game recording.

I wanted to convert it directly, i don't want to deal with screen capture.

The latest version from the Bink website triggers Windows Offender, but i found i bit older version from march and it works fine.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM