Best video recording device for £600 or less?

Undead

My brother is going on a tour of Russia and the surrounding countries and also makes small films. He is looking for a better camera as his is an old 6mp 720p camera that is nothing fancy.

He had been looking at a panasonic hc-x920ebk-k which was in the Panasonic store for around £720. What can I find that's as good or better for £600 or less? It doesn't have to be a camcorder it can be a DSLR if that's the best for the job as he wants one with a high resolution sensor for stills (20mp+)

Thanks in advance!

When you play The Game of Thrones, you win or you die...

My brother is going on a tour of Russia and the surrounding countries and also makes small films. He is looking for a better camera as his is an old 6mp 720p camera that is nothing fancy.

He had been looking at a panasonic hc-x920ebk-k which was in the Panasonic store for around £720. What can I find that's as good or better for £600 or less? It doesn't have to be a camcorder it can be a DSLR if that's the best for the job as he wants one with a high resolution sensor for stills (20mp+)

Thanks in advance!

has he looked at the Canon 100D?

^lol just realised its the same camera as the guys above me its called the Canon 100D in the UK so look for that name if you buy from a store

Canon EOS Rebel SL1

really good sensor but takes 1080p/30fps 720p/60fps

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Sony RX100 is best video camera

90% my yuotube video shot RX100

3 years i used Canon 5D mark II and wanded buy bigger and "better" video camera like Linus and his group > Sony fs700 or somting like that

But my carpal was painful because bad bike accident 

So can't carry 2kg canon 5D + lins 

So last summer and rest of years i used Sony RX100 it small and fit my pocket

Sony RX100 record 1080p\60fps AVCHD 28Mbps and have F 1,8 lens 

night record look like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrSC5v36wBA&list=UUeBXkmInCGh7mPq1YskbQ9Q

and

Day time record look like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_dkuf2VpLg

i used many camera and my friend is work media tv combany sony 2011 > 2013 i used like 30 differd video camera or pocket camera sony fs700 and black magic camera are expensive what i used

So my stand is Sony RX100 is best video camera  :)