Is this 1440p display a good one for productivity?

I am interested in buying 2 1440p displays so I have more display space then my 1080p displays, my main use case will be programming, watching video's, browsing the web, and creating scenes in UE4.

I came across this display: Lenovo L24Q-10 IPS 23.8" QHD 16:9 60Hz

It is a 24" LED IPS display, 1440p, and 6ms refresh time. For more info, look it up.

Do you think it is a good display?

I may sometimes use it for a little bit of gta v, but not much.

Thanks

1 minute ago, NoobCase said:

Find and equivilant Dell. They tend to be better and cheaper in my experience

Well, the display I mentioned was 200Euro's($235), it was the cheapest I could find in my country.(the Netherlands)

I haven't used Lenovo monitor's before, but DELL UltraSharps are pretty freakin' good on the colour side of things.

Had two UltraSharp U2414M's in the past.

What other options do you have in the price range?

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Yeah, Dell monitors seem to be the best. Amazing display and tiny bezels.

hi.

1 hour ago, -rascal- said:

I haven't used Lenovo monitor's before, but DELL UltraSharps are pretty freakin' good on the colour side of things.

Had two UltraSharp U2414M's in the past.

What other options do you have in the price range?

UltraSharps are good indeed, this one looks like a good one except for the price:

Dell UltraSharp U2518D, it's 317Euro's(~$340)

that is 117 euro's more expensive, just for thinner bezels.

What is different between the panels, aren't all 1440p panels the same on sharpness?

34 minutes ago, timl132 said:

UltraSharps are good indeed, this one looks like a good one except for the price:

Dell UltraSharp U2518D, it's 317Euro's(~$340)

that is 117 euro's more expensive, just for thinner bezels.

What is different between the panels, aren't all 1440p panels the same on sharpness?

Dell does color calibration on the UltraSharps at the factory, but you can adjust any monitor within reason usually.  Maybe not professionally, but you can adjust it.

The Lenovos are likely to be fine for you, but ideally you should see them in person, perhaps in comparison to other models at a shop that already has some type of input connected to them so you can see and compare images, etc.

Also, there's different panel technologies as well ex. compare IPS vs. TN, etc.

You would be better off with a 27" 1440p monitor. You'd have more screen real estate for all the windows you'll open while programming, and the ppi of a 24" 1440p is too high for a lot of people, 27" 1440p is better. If you're set on a 24" monitor 1440p might not be worth it because of how small everything would be.

Someone mentioned the ultrasharps, and I'd second that. The design of the monitor's themselves a pretty slick, and if I'm not mistaken the ultrasharps have a pretty good warranty as well? Apparently the 25" 1440p monitors they have are also good (and cheaper), despite being a bit smaller. 

The benq EW2770QZ would be a better choice for gaming if you don't mind the issues that can be caused by a lack of adaptive sync. I say this because it has a better input lag than the ultrasharps.

23 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Dell does color calibration on the UltraSharps at the factory, but you can adjust any monitor within reason usually.  Maybe not professionally, but you can adjust it.

The Lenovos are likely to be fine for you, but ideally you should see them in person, perhaps in comparison to other models at a shop that already has some type of input connected to them so you can see and compare images, etc.

Also, there's different panel technologies as well ex. compare IPS vs. TN, etc.

Ultrasharps may be color calibrated at the factory, but they are fricking expensive. The Lenovo has ips, which I believe has beter colors then TN and VA, and has better viewing angles. It also says it covers 99% of the sRGB colorpsace, does that mean it is calibrated?

7 hours ago, anneAndy said:

You would be better off with a 27" 1440p monitor. You'd have more screen real estate for all the windows you'll open while programming, and the ppi of a 24" 1440p is too high for a lot of people, 27" 1440p is better. If you're set on a 24" monitor 1440p might not be worth it because of how small everything would be.

Someone mentioned the ultrasharps, and I'd second that. The design of the monitor's themselves a pretty slick, and if I'm not mistaken the ultrasharps have a pretty good warranty as well? Apparently the 25" 1440p monitors they have are also good (and cheaper), despite being a bit smaller. 

The benq EW2770QZ would be a better choice for gaming if you don't mind the issues that can be caused by a lack of adaptive sync. I say this because it has a better input lag than the ultrasharps.

Currently, I have a 21" 1080p monitor which I feed a 1440p signal, I can read it fine, although it is a bit blurry because the resolution is larger then the screen.

That's why I chose this one. There are 27" and even 32" displays, but they are all TN or VA here, unless I pay another $70 for the next IPS display of 27".

You say their 25" 1440p is cheaper, you have a link where I can buy?

I don't do gaming, so the benq isn't really for me, it is also too expensive as it costs $180 more here.(I can buy a second 1080p monitor for that)