18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call it?

• USB Flash Drive
    • USB Stick
    • USB Key
    • Other (Specify)

What do you call this.

USB.jpg

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

If I recall correctly the official term is "USB flash drive" but as this wiki points out we call it a lot of things which are also correct.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

USB stick, because that is the term used in the country I live in and it's just how I got used to calling it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i typically say flash drive without the usb part

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

I say USB Drive.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

In English, I call it a USB flash drive.

- It normally uses flash memory, meaning that data must be written in large blocks. 

- It is sometimes shaped like a pen, so it could be called a pen drive. 

- It isn't some kind of hardware key (like a thumbprint reader), though it could contain a software key. And it is small enough that you could put it on a keychain. However, I don't really think this works very well.

- USB drive normally implies an external hard-drive (whether solid-state or disc) with a USB connection. A USB thumb drive is technically external, but minus the stereotypical USB cord.

- They are normally about the size of your thumb so calling it a USB thumb drive works fine.

- I've never heard of a fire-wire thumb drive, so just calling it a thumb drive will probably work.

And no, they don't use discs.

I call it either flash drive or USB drive.

Sometimes <operating system name> install disk(this is the case with 2 of my USB drives).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!