Performance Degraded When duplicating displays

Jamisbrill
Go to solution Solved by Rainbow Dash,

It would use some of the gpu bandwidth to render on the second monitor, so that is normal. Just switch to one monitor if you aren't going to use both by hitting Windows + P or use the project button in the taskbar .

When the monitor is turned off , but plugged it it seems to lower fps 

is this normal ? 

It would use some of the gpu bandwidth to render on the second monitor, so that is normal. Just switch to one monitor if you aren't going to use both by hitting Windows + P or use the project button in the taskbar .

I've noticed this before, and to anyone wondering, I'm not talking 1 or 2 fps, I'm talking the difference between stuttery and unplayable, and totally flawless.  I solved it by just using "External only" since in my situation I didn't need both but I am curious to see what others have to say about this.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Definitely, with two monitors, there are extra pixels that your GPU engine has to render which leads to more computing power at once although they are duplicated. If the video output is being streamed into some other display, then this is not normal but duplicating, that definitely is.

console.log("way to pro");

Unless you are already using your iGPU for both, just plug it into the mobo and use the iGPU, (IF YOUR CPU HAS ONE)

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt