Is this PSU enough? Plz help I R Noob.

KingCactuar
Go to solution Solved by TheGlenlivet,

Yes, it's plenty of wattage, but I'd get a different make and model or the non-lite version of that PSU.

Hi, I was directed here from the PSU Fast as Possible video because Outervision.com doesn't have my parts listed.

The Sit-rep: I'm building a budget rig, haven't done so in about 10 years and then I had alot of help. (Been on PS4 like a filthy casual for too long and it's time to get back to the MMORPG's

I'm getting half the parts from Very.com on finance and the other half from Amazon (with the exception of the case from Scan.co.uk)

Here's my planned build so far:

• Case: CoolerMaster Master Box Pro 5 RGB ( It has 3 front RGB fans and one standard non rgb outake at the back)
  • APU: Ryzen 5 2400G (with stock cooler, wraith spire or stealth not sure)
  • MOBO: B450 Tomahawk - when it's out hopefully later this month (From what I've read the power requirements will be less than the B350, which I can't get as I don't have the required components or tech knowhow to flash it and it seems silly with the b450 around the corner)
  • Storage1: SanDisk SSD PLUS 120GB Sata 3 530MB/s (For OS and certain games)
  • Storage2: Seagate 1TB FireCudda ST1000DX002 SATA 6GB/s (I figure I should still get the SSD for my OS as you can't program what runs in the SSD side of the hybrid; it has to learn)
  • RAM: 8GB Dual Rank Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 MT/s 

• PSU: This is where I ask my question, Would a Cooler Master 500W White Standard Lite be sufficient to safely/at least semi-efficiently run this system. 

Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks in advance ;)  

I'd recommend a better SSD as well as a higher quality power supply. The Sandisk SSD Plus is very slow.

You could also consider using StoreMI for SSD caching, instead of a hybrid HDD.

19 minutes ago, KingCactuar said:

Hi, I was directed here from the PSU Fast as Possible video because Outervision.com doesn't have my parts listed.

The Sit-rep: I'm building a budget rig, haven't done so in about 10 years and then I had alot of help. (Been on PS4 like a filthy casual for too long and it's time to get back to the MMORPG's

I'm getting half the parts from Very.com on finance and the other half from Amazon (with the exception of the case from Scan.co.uk)

Here's my planned build so far:

• Case: CoolerMaster Master Box Pro 5 RGB ( It has 3 front RGB fans and one standard non rgb outake at the back)
  • APU: Ryzen 5 2400G (with stock cooler, wraith spire or stealth not sure)
  • MOBO: B450 Tomahawk - when it's out hopefully later this month (From what I've read the power requirements will be less than the B350, which I can't get as I don't have the required components or tech knowhow to flash it and it seems silly with the b450 around the corner)
  • Storage1: SanDisk SSD PLUS 120GB Sata 3 530MB/s (For OS and certain games)
  • Storage2: Seagate 1TB FireCudda ST1000DX002 SATA 6GB/s (I figure I should still get the SSD for my OS as you can't program what runs in the SSD side of the hybrid; it has to learn)
  • RAM: 8GB Dual Rank Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 MT/s 

• PSU: This is where I ask my question, Would a Cooler Master 500W White Standard Lite be sufficient to safely/at least semi-efficiently run this system. 

Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks in advance ;)  

1) I would most definitely change that case out for something else that has better airflow. The front of the MasterBox Pro 5 is solid plastic and it allows for very little air to move through, which will negatively affect temperatures quite dramatically.

2) Don't go for that PSU. Start with something like the Corsair TXM 550W or if you are still set on a Coolermaster power supply the Masterwatt 550w.

Lappy: i7 8750H | GTX 1060 Max Q | 16Gb 2666Mhz RAM | 256Gb SSD | 1TB HDD | 1080p IPS panel @60Hz | Dell G5

1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

If you're buying this thing on finance I don't think it's worth getting a PC

I totally agree, financing with the intent on buying a PC is not the best idea......

Lappy: i7 8750H | GTX 1060 Max Q | 16Gb 2666Mhz RAM | 256Gb SSD | 1TB HDD | 1080p IPS panel @60Hz | Dell G5

some changes 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($154.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($58.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Toshiba - P300 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cougar - MG110-W MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $603.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-03 14:54 EDT-0400

Edited by GDRRiley

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Why are you financing a PC? And such a cheap one at that? The debt you'd accrue is really, really not worth your time.

Earn the money through a job, there's no other easier way about it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Cooler Master 500W White Standard is totally enough , even increase a GPU-card

1 hour ago, q54528 said:

Cooler Master 500W White Standard is totally enough , even increase a GPU-card

Maybe but its still a pretty bad PSU because of the design.

Spending a buck or two more gives you a soo much better PSU that it makes little sense to go for a "System Integrator" Level one.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"