Leaked photos potentially of iPhone USB-C power adapter

zxsq
13 hours ago, zxsq said:

?? Nah. Maybe the connector itself, but most certainly not the cable.

Image result for frayed lightning cables

Every apple cable ends up like this because they do not understand how to put function over form where it is important: strain relief. It was a problem on the original 30pin cables, it's still a problem now, meanwhile there are many many usb-c cables from the device manufacturers that include proper strain relief to prevent fraying.

USB c does more anyways... for instance, there is a reason the newer macbooks didn't use lightning for charging. why would apple not make someone using their whole ecosystem of products able to more conveniently use 1 apple charger

I have about 4 apple original cables that look like that, they have never moved from the charging spot in the house.  Never put in bags or transported, never curled up or tied. they just disintegrated over time right where you touch them.  I put it down to grease on the hands dissolving the plastic.  I have seen it before with other plastics.

11 hours ago, kokakolia said:

You’re serious??? Lightning connectors are simply the worst. I never, ever had a micro USB fail. But I have to continually replace lightning cables every now and then. I never had problems with USB C either.

I have had a few micro USB cables die on me. I think the reason some don't experience problems is because some don't mix n match their cables.  I have heard others claim the same.  Apparently using cables from different manufacturers (particularly cheapy ebay  cables) can loosen/distort the socket resulting in needing more pressure or bending the cable to a certain angle in order to get decent enough contact.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Moving from the past huh. 

But hopefully we see everyone start including USB Type-C more everywhere. Peripherals, cases should at least have 1 one on front by now. Two would be good. Motherboars need to start including more than one as well. 

This transition could be much faster but it seems everyone are scared and wait for someone else to go full head on first. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

18 hours ago, Sfekke said:

I do have to say I take care of my cables/devices more then most, might sound weird saying this myself but people tell me this all the time : "You overcare your devices .. why?"

The stock cables are usually solid quality and last me a long time. Wish I could say the same with the stock earphones, they seems to last only a few months before something stops working.

16 hours ago, mr moose said:

Apparently using cables from different manufacturers (particularly cheapy ebay  cables) can loosen/distort the socket resulting in needing more pressure or bending the cable to a certain angle in order to get decent enough contact.

Can confirm this, for me on a few of the cheap Micro-USB cable from eBay.

18 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Moving from the past huh. 

But hopefully we see everyone start including USB Type-C more everywhere. Peripherals, cases should at least have 1 one on front by now. Two would be good. Motherboars need to start including more than one as well. 

This transition could be much faster but it seems everyone are scared and wait for someone else to go full head on first. 

The issue is that we don’t really need USB-C. It’s so hard to transition because of that. 

It's a really obvious fake. 

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

The issue is that we don’t really need USB-C. It’s so hard to transition because of that. 

Yes we do. It's not just that it's a better connector and that's it. Provides higher speeds, power delivery, different modes. It pretty much can be used for all sort of things.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 2018-07-02 at 12:35 PM, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

No way that's true. Apple hates adhering to industry standards. I'd bet it'll end up as a Type-C to Lightning cable

In Apple's defence, they were one of the first adopters of OpenGl, literally created OpenCL, pushed the adoption of various industry standard ports such as firewire and USB-C, and have generally been pretty good about pushing open standards forward when it didn't directly financially benefit them to lock people into anti-competitive and anti-consumer accessory programs like MFi.

You can already get Apple USB-C chargers and USB-C to lightning cables that will fast charge some of the later iPhones, at least in Europe anyway:

30W USB-C Charger (compatible with iPhone 8, 8+ and X as well as the iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9" models). USB-C to Lightning Cable sold separately of course.

The only definitive way to tell if they've adopted USB-C will be to see the connector socket on the new iPhone/Pad. The charger doesn't tell you anything at this point.