Comparison

You might want to provide some more information.

What other hardware are you planning on using with it?
Does it need to be Micro ATX form factor?
What type of RAM will you be using?
Which graphics card, if any, will you be using?
Which CPU are you going to be putting in it?
What games are you going to be playing and at what settings/framerate/resolution do you hope to achieve?
How many HDDs, SSDs, or DVD drives do you intend on using?
Will you need any add in cards like a PCI wifi card, a RAID card or a sound card?

If those two are the only option, I'd pick the Asus hands down. It has HDMI video output if you plan on using integrated graphics, additional PCI slots, and an M.2 slot.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

I'd go for the Asus board, has some extra expandability in terms of PCI-E slots and the option for M.2 drives.

Are my eyes playing trick on me or does ASrock really doesn't have HDMI?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

1 minute ago, Quadriplegic said:

Nothing wrong with your eyes. That AsRock board only supports DVI-D output for the integrated graphics.

Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

11 minutes ago, W-L said:

I'd go for the Asus board, has some extra expandability in terms of PCI-E slots and the option for M.2 drives.

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Nothing wrong with your eyes. That AsRock board only supports DVI-D output for the integrated graphics.

Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz

11 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

what if I add https://www.newegg.com/global/ph/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128763 to the mix?

1 minute ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

That's an AMD FM2+ socket motherboard, while the others you were looking at were an Intel 1151 socket motherboard. They aren't compatible with the same CPUs.

We'd be better able to help you if we knew what you were planning on using the system for, and what hardware you are planning on using with the motherboard.

16 minutes ago, Spotty said:

What other hardware are you planning on using with it?
Does it need to be Micro ATX form factor?
What type of RAM will you be using?
Which graphics card, if any, will you be using?
Which CPU are you going to be putting in it?
What games are you going to be playing and at what settings/framerate/resolution do you hope to achieve?
How many HDDs, SSDs, or DVD drives do you intend on using?
Will you need any add in cards like a PCI wifi card, a RAID card or a sound card?

Just now, Spotty said:

That's an AMD FM2+ socket motherboard, while the others you were looking at were an Intel 1151 socket motherboard. They aren't compatible with the same CPUs.

We'd be better able to help you if we knew what you were planning on using the system for, and what hardware you are planning on using with the motherboard.

to tell the truth, intel cores are expensive so I checked mother boards that are compatible with a different cpu. I'm gonna use it for gaming and editing. and yes it has to be micro atx

3 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

to tell the truth, intel cores are expensive so I checked mother boards that are compatible with a different cpu. I'm gonna use it for gaming and editing. and yes it has to be micro atx

If your looking at other options look into the entry level ryzen lineup from AMD the FM2+ is pretty far back in terms of it’s capabilities and not what I would consider comparable. 

8 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

So you are building a new system? If so, just go with Ryzen, 6th gen Core series is kind of dead at this point.

What's your budget?

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Just now, Quadriplegic said:

So you are building a new system? If so, just go with Ryzen, 6th gen Core series is kind of dead at this point.

What's your budget?

well around $300( a bit low I know)

5 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

You can get CPU, motherboard and RAM for about that much if you go new :
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GFXgBb. However, looking at 2nd hand market would be better

If you need complete system, I would look at second hand market, but even then it might be hard to find something useful with dedicated video card

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Do you have any parts you can already use such as a case, power supply, or hard drive?

2 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

You can get CPU, motherboard and RAM for about that much if you go new :
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GFXgBb

Don't get 2400MHz RAM for Ryzen 3 2200G. Spend the extra $5-$10 (the cost of a pizza) on some 3000MHz RAM. Ryzen CPUs, and especially their APUs that rely on RAM for their graphics, benefit a lot from having higher frequency RAM.

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Do you have any parts you can already use such as a case, power supply, or hard drive?

Don't get 2400MHz RAM for Ryzen 3 2200G. Spend the extra $5-$10 (the cost of a pizza) on some 3000MHz RAM. Ryzen CPUs, and especially their APUs that rely on RAM for their graphics, benefit a lot from having higher frequency RAM.

That I did not think about
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VKdFf7/team-dark-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tdged416g3000hc16cdc01

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Just now, Spotty said:

I have nothing. I actually trying to see if I can get a cheaper option buying it part by part than to buy a pre-built( or atleast better than https://www.amazon.com/Dell-OptiPlex-790-Desktop-Professional/dp/B013XKWZ92/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=) but basically everything is more expensive than I thought it would be but do please inform me if there is an option where I spend more but it would be worth the extra.

And also I forgot to mention I live in the Philippines so shipping fees are a thing.

Another possible option to look into would be trying to get old Xeon chips, as they tend to be pretty cheap, run on (cheap) DDR3 and perform pretty ok. 

I remember there was a topic dedicated to Xeons, gotta try to find it. 

But are there mATX motherboards? Kind of forgot that part :S

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

12 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

I have nothing. I actually trying to see if I can get a cheaper option buying it part by part than to buy a pre-built( or atleast better than https://www.amazon.com/Dell-OptiPlex-790-Desktop-Professional/dp/B013XKWZ92/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=) but basically everything is more expensive than I thought it would be but do please inform me if there is an option where I spend more but it would be worth the extra.

You would definitely get more performance from a more modern machine. You wouldn't be able to play most games, not even something like Fortnite, on that Dell machine. It would be okay if you just wanted something to browse the internet with, write some emails, check facebook, etc. But if you want to game then that old 2nd hand Dell just isn't going to be able to handle it.

I'm assuming you also need stuff like a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc? Unfortunately there won't be much you can get for your budget. For a really budget build with everything you will need, you will be looking at around $500 at least. That's in US$ with free shipping and some parts that are on special or have mail in rebates that may not be redeemable in your country.

13 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

And also I forgot to mention I live in the Philippines so shipping fees are a thing.

You won't be able to build a new complete system for US$300 in the Philippines. Prices over there aren't very good for computer parts, and ordering direct from the USA will cost a lot in shipping fees.
Likewise, the second hand used systems you are looking at are very old and even then when they were new 6-7 years ago they weren't very good then. They won't be able to do what you want them to do.

Here's an example of a budget build to give you an idea of what sort of price you are looking at. Again, this is prices for US stores in US$. Prices will be higher in the Philippines where PC parts cost more.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.39 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ OutletPC)
Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($46.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Asus - VP228H 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($99.99 @ Best Buy)
Keyboard: Logitech - K120 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($14.99 @ Walmart)
Mouse: Logitech - M100 Wired Optical Mouse  ($7.48 @ Amazon)
Speakers: Logitech - Z130 5W 2ch Speakers  ($19.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $542.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-02 05:33 EDT-0400

You could save a bit of money if you buy things like the case or monitor second hand, but you're still going to be way over your US $300 budget.

Just now, Spotty said:

You would definitely get more performance from a more modern machine. You wouldn't be able to play most games, not even something like Fortnite, on that Dell machine. It would be okay if you just wanted something to browse the internet with, write some emails, check facebook, etc. But if you want to game then that old 2nd hand Dell just isn't going to be able to handle it.

I'm assuming you also need stuff like a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc? Unfortunately there won't be much you can get for your budget. For a really budget build with everything you will need, you will be looking at around $500 at least. That's in US$ with free shipping and some parts that are on special or have mail in rebates that may not be redeemable in your country.

You won't be able to build a new complete system for US$300 in the Philippines. Prices over there aren't very good for computer parts, and ordering direct from the USA will cost a lot in shipping fees.
Likewise, the second hand used systems you are looking at are very old and even then when they were new 6-7 years ago they weren't very good then. They won't be able to do what you want them to do.

Here's an example of a budget build to give you an idea of what sort of price you are looking at. Again, this is prices for US stores in US$. Prices will be higher in the Philippines where PC parts cost more.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.39 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ OutletPC)
Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($46.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Asus - VP228H 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($99.99 @ Best Buy)
Keyboard: Logitech - K120 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($14.99 @ Walmart)
Mouse: Logitech - M100 Wired Optical Mouse  ($7.48 @ Amazon)
Speakers: Logitech - Z130 5W 2ch Speakers  ($19.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $542.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-02 05:33 EDT-0400

You could save a bit of money if you buy things like the case or monitor second hand, but you're still going to be way over your US $300 budget.

this was really helpful. though I switched somethings around thank very much.

this was really helpful. though I switched some thing around thank very much.

Glad to have helped.

It was only meant as a guide to show what a budget system would cost with all parts considered. Keep in mind unfortunately things will cost more where you live.

Swap out the case and monitor with whatever is available and affordable for you or if you can find some used to save some money. Same with the peripherals such as the keyboard, mice, speakers, etc.

You may need to switch some things around like the power supply, as I recommended that Corsair PSU to another person in the Philippines recently but they said they were unable to find any local stores selling it, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to find it. I'd recommend consulting the PSU Tier thread on the forums as a general guide to check which power supplies are good and bad. There's a lot of poor quality PSUs sold for cheap in the philippines that you might want to avoid.

Just make sure that if you do go with a Ryzen 3 2200G CPU that you will need a compatible AM4 motherboard that supports display output - Not all AM4 motherboards support it. Make sure to pair it with some fast (high frequency) DDR4 memory as it will help a lot with performance with those CPUs.

24 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Glad to have helped.

It was only meant as a guide to show what a budget system would cost with all parts considered. Keep in mind unfortunately things will cost more where you live.

Swap out the case and monitor with whatever is available and affordable for you or if you can find some used to save some money. Same with the peripherals such as the keyboard, mice, speakers, etc.

You may need to switch some things around like the power supply, as I recommended that Corsair PSU to another person in the Philippines recently but they said they were unable to find any local stores selling it, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to find it. I'd recommend consulting the PSU Tier thread on the forums as a general guide to check which power supplies are good and bad. There's a lot of poor quality PSUs sold for cheap in the philippines that you might want to avoid.

Just make sure that if you do go with a Ryzen 3 2200G CPU that you will need a compatible AM4 motherboard that supports display output - Not all AM4 motherboards support it. Make sure to pair it with some fast (high frequency) DDR4 memory as it will help a lot with performance with those CPUs.

so here is what I ended up with after a few adjustments(compromises)(I don't know if it shows) https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JohnCarlHenry/saved/WqDbjX. I settled with a bit of a cheaper cpu and I also swapped the case and power supply for something else and also the ram(I did look for something with the same CAS latency). 

If anyone was curious this is what the prices are at Philippines(assuming newegg already included the shipping fee)image.png.cb76aeddd7617f721f93a3a01bc2a1a0.png

20 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

so here is what I ended up with after a few adjustments(compromises)(I don't know if it shows) https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JohnCarlHenry/saved/WqDbjX. I settled with a bit of a cheaper cpu and I also swapped the case and power supply for something else and also the ram(I did look for something with the same CAS latency). 

14 minutes ago, JohnCarlHenry said:

image.png.cb76aeddd7617f721f93a3a01bc2a1a0.png

The Ryzen 1200 does NOT have graphics output. You can't use it without a dedicated graphics card, which will cost a lot more money. You need the 2200G. There's only $1 difference in price between the two.

With the memory, it's the frequency that is important with the 2200G, so don't get 2133MHz memory. There's only $5 difference between the one you selected and the 3000MHz memory. The reason is dedicated graphics cards have memory built in to the card they use that is very fast, however when you're using the CPU/APU for the display it relies on the systems RAM in the motherboard. The faster RAM you have, the better performance you will have. I strongly recommend getting RAM with higher frequency. I understand you are building on a budget, but trust me that it's worth the extra few dollars.

The Thermaltake "Smart" series isn't considered to be very good and it may not be as reliable as other PSUs. I would recommend you keep shopping to see if you can find something better. Remember to check the PSU Tier list I linked to earlier to see how PSUs rate.