Sama Forza 750W any good?

4 hours ago, awesomegamer919 said:

(I know that the Forza is slightly different)

The Heatsinking worries me, especially for the gold version, it's so restrictive on airflow, which necessitates higher quality components, an 85C Teapo bulk cap does not classify as "higher quality".

I've learned not to second guess engineers that never intended end users to open up a PSU and make judgement calls on PCB layout.

I'm sure they did an airflow study before taking the standard ATX layout and turning it 90°.

Heck, for all we know they use an 85°C bulk cap BECAUSE they found that that side of the board remains so cool.

12 hours ago, awesomegamer919 said:

an 85C Teapo bulk cap does not classify as "higher quality".

Look at jonnyguru Forum for my pictures of an NMB PSU. the three I've seen also have only 85°C caps, though not Teapo.

There are also other high quality Server/Workstation units that also use 85°C Caps.

So with what we know right now, higher ripple current might be more important than +20°C Rating on the Cap as, with higher Ripple, the 105°C Cap will be downgraded to 85°C.

Just look at Yageo Catalog, they have a table for Ripple Current of the SEK Series. Wich is basically a 105°C Version of the 85°C SE Series.

Buttom Line: if you need the high Ripple Current, it doesn't matter if you use an 85°C or 105°C cap as the 105°C Cap will be downgraded to 85°C anyway and will have about the same ripple current...

And with that, I find the 85 vs. 105°C Discussion way too overrated. In some cases, the 105°C makes more sense, in others the 85°C. Just blatantly bashing the 85°C without knowing the circuit and how hot the cap gets is just plain stupid...

Because as jon said: Trust the Engineers more...

That's the reason I never rated the components in my reviews and never will. 

And in the recent months it seems that it might be more likely that the +5VSB Chip explodes than the caps go bad.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

The bulk cap doesn't build much heat on its own.  There's still enough airflow throughout the PSU for sufficient cooling, and the cap is actually somewhat shielded by the heatsink from the hotter components in the PSU.  So far, we haven't received even a single report of a bulk cap failure in the 650W.

1 hour ago, VIVO-US said:

The bulk cap doesn't build much heat on its own.  There's still enough airflow throughout the PSU for sufficient cooling, and the cap is actually somewhat shielded by the heatsink from the hotter components in the PSU.  So far, we haven't received even a single report of a bulk cap failure in the 650W.

It's not that the bulk cap generates heat.  It's that a capacitor's life span in greatly determined by the temperatures created by the parts around it.