Can't boot to bios or windows 10

Go to solution Solved by Darchitect,

Fixed it! I just reset the CMOS (it was the bottom pins) and got both the BIOS and Windows up and running! Thank you so much for the help @TVwazhere

I was running heaven benchmark on my desktop PC running Windows 10, and my monitor began showing random colors eventually becoming completely black. After turning off my PC, it will no longer boot - it begins booting for about 30 seconds and turns off. No flash screens are shown.

9 minutes ago, Darchitect said:

I was running heaven benchmark on my desktop PC running Windows 10, and my monitor began showing random colors eventually becoming completely black. After turning off my PC, it will no longer boot - it begins booting for about 30 seconds and turns off. No flash screens are shown.

Are the specs in your profile up to date? Also love the dog profile picture!

System

• CPU
    Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Processor
  • Motherboard
    ASUS Sabertooth X99
  • RAM
    Corsair 32GB 4X8 DDR4 3200 C16 VLPX
  • GPU
    XFX RX 480 8GB
  • Case
    NZXT H440 ATX CASE WHT W/WINDW
  • Storage
    SAMSUNG E 1TB 850 EVO SSD
  • PSU
    CORSAIR 750W CXMOD 80+BRZ ATX PSU
  • Display(s)
    ACER 27" K272HL 1080p
  • Cooling
    Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
  • Keyboard
    Razer Deathstalker Chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Deathadder Chroma
  • Sound
    Thinksound ms02 earbuds
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Are the specs in your profile up to date? Also love the dog profile picture!

System

• CPU
    Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Processor
  • Motherboard
    ASUS Sabertooth X99
  • RAM
    Corsair 32GB 4X8 DDR4 3200 C16 VLPX
  • GPU
    XFX RX 480 8GB
  • Case
    NZXT H440 ATX CASE WHT W/WINDW
  • Storage
    SAMSUNG E 1TB 850 EVO SSD
  • PSU
    CORSAIR 750W CXMOD 80+BRZ ATX PSU
  • Display(s)
    ACER 27" K272HL 1080p
  • Cooling
    Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
  • Keyboard
    Razer Deathstalker Chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Deathadder Chroma
  • Sound
    Thinksound ms02 earbuds
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

yes - they are 100% up to date 

5 minutes ago, Darchitect said:

yes - they are 100% up to date 

According to the manual, there should be a system warning speaker plug on the motherboard, that might help you troubleshoot what the issue is

image.png.315d581e2e6c5e68ee2876e094977a54.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

According to the manual, there should be a system warning speaker plug on the motherboard, that might help you troubleshoot what the issue is

image.png.315d581e2e6c5e68ee2876e094977a54.png

What can I plug into the speaker plug? I don't think I have anything that is able to plug into it. (Thanks for helping me with this)

55 minutes ago, Darchitect said:

What can I plug into the speaker plug? I don't think I have anything that is able to plug into it. (Thanks for helping me with this)

Many boards come with speakersa for this plug (it appears ASUS does not provide one with your board whicch is silly)

https://www.amazon.com/PC-Motherboard-internal-speaker-Corpco/dp/B01527H4W2/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_lp_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=YSVRSP19K4MBSY055DCZ&dpID=31dXtOoEJnL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

13 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Thanks - is there anything else I can do while I wait for it to arrive? I read that clearing the CMOS may help.

1 minute ago, Darchitect said:

Thanks - is there anything else I can do while I wait for it to arrive? I read that clearing the CMOS may help.

Clearing CMOS can help. Other than that, if you have an extra GPU you can plug in, i would try that because the screen showing random colors could be a GPU related issue. 

I tried booting again and I noticed that the MEMOK LED blinked twice in orange.
I then replaced the RX 480 with a GTX 680 and the MEMOK LED along with another LED which I don't know the name of both blinked twice (at different times) in red.

The GTX 680 did not make anything appear on the screen.

I also was having trouble locating the CMOS jumper - do you know where that is on the Sabertooth X99?