Done with Android.

7 hours ago, DocSwag said:

What's wrong with 6s? Honestly it's the best phone Apple has pushed out in recent times, and was a step above all the competition at the time (and this is coming from an android user).

I agree with this on every aspect except on the subject of the battery. I'm not certain in what universe a sub 2k mAh (Li-Po) battery should be considered acceptable in a flagship device. Even if it is sized enough to barely get by a full day, such small batteries are liable to begin failing quickly under repeated full discharge-recharge cycles.

My nod would undoubtedly go to the 6S Plus if you'e looking for an older iPhone, or even an SE if you prefer something that fits in your palm (and ironically, the battery is negligibly smaller than in the physically larger 6S). A 128GB, palm-sized music player with headphone jack is quite the appealing option.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

10 hours ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Not picking up a phone because no aux is silly. Wireless solutions are cheap as hell these days and there is almost no excuse to go aux. Get the phone that fits you best. 

10 hours ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

That's exactly my point, the aux port is going the way of the doto and fast, adaptors or wireless is all you're going to have if you want any variety of phone choices. I understand you've invested in nice headphones, that's cool. But just like with any tech, they become obsolete and need to be replaced eventually. 

10 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

All the headphone stuff goes away with an adapter.  A charging one is like $10.  Also Airpods are very good if you're looking for a solution there.

My issue with Bluetooth being pushed so heavily as the only option is that it's got too many drawbacks that don't outweigh its' convenience for my personal liking. First off, I'm not talking about the "quality wars" - Bluetooth 5.0 audio using AptX (or similar) is more than capable of delivering enough bandwidth for full quality FLAC content. It's the drawbacks of trying to switch between multiple paired devices (since Bluetooth devices always try to re-pair with the last used device) and having to charge yet another battery powered device that make Bluetooth less convenient for me. That and the fact that it's NOT cheap to add Bluetooth to my car, and I install car stereos & speaker systems as a hobby.

The Verge actually has a great article on the pros and [many] cons of Bluetooth, despite being a technology news & review site. Nilay Patel points out that while Bluetooth is essentially supposed to make our lives easier, there are too many circumstances that haven't been thought of in terms of the end user experience that it really ends up making our lives more difficult. https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/5/16426754/pixel-2-headphone-jack-bluetooth-walled-garden

Below are the 6 common Bluetooth problems that Nilay faced far too regularly to consider the implementation of Bluetooth (not the technology itself) a mature and user friendly way to connect devices on a regular basis. Does it work well? Sure, when it works. Does that mean it's good enough to replace wires? No way, otherwise we'd also see ISP's dropping the use of HFC networks to use 802.11ax once the spec is fully developed, which we know isn't going to happen for a variety of reasons, reliability aside.

iphone 7 bluetooth screen
  1. I receive a phone call and it automatically plays through a Bluetooth speaker in another room which I thought was disconnected
  2. My wife cannot pair to a Bluetooth speaker until she restarts her iPhone
  3. My wife is using a Bluetooth speaker with her phone and my phone takes it over with a phone call
  4. Multiple Bluetooth devices fight to be connected at once, and I have to unpair one to get the one I want to work
  5. Hitting “connect” on the Bluetooth screen doesn’t establish a connection, so I have to forget the device and re-pair it
  6. Forgetting a Bluetooth device and re-pairing it every time I use it because I know it’s just faster

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

11 hours ago, Matt Kirby said:

For the past few years I've been using the Oneplus X. Gets medium usage every day, including Youtube and web browsing. It was a great phone to begin with and probably couldn't beat it for the price. However since then it has been getting very slow, apps are crashing all the time and the battery life has become rubbish. I've began to miss the stability of Apple's IOS and will be getting a mac for uni so i was thinking about swapping to iPhone again. 

Can anyone recommend what iPhone to get in 2018? Unlocked is a must and i don't mind buying second hand. Under 400euros would be great too. 

Cheers,

I've had an OP3 since release 2 years ago and it's actually gotten stronger with age. The first 6 months had some rocky battery life but with updates through to Oreo it still gets a full day. The Snapdragon 820 and 6GB RAM mean I haven't had any noticeable slow downs. Value for money I don't think an OP is beatable and since nothing crashes I wouldn't say Android is unstable at all. 

Maybe consider an OP5? Or other cheaper flagship from last year? 

Don't fall into the trap of thinking having a Mac must equal iPhone.

14 hours ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

I understand you've invested in nice headphones, that's cool. But just like with any tech, they become obsolete and need to be replaced eventually. 

First of all: Then enlighten us please, with WHAT should the 3.5mm Headphone jack be replaced then, and when will this "replace" come? Because there is no replace for it.

And now the funny part: You are Wrong. No they do NOT "need" to be replaced. Why would good headphones need to be replaced? 

it's like saying good Cars become obsolete and need to be replaced. You expect everyone to buy Dacia or Lada instead then?

If you talk about the 3.5mm headphone jack: Here you are also wrong. There is simply no reason why it "need" to be replaced. Beeing old is more an argument to KEEP it. It works flawless for SO many decades, every headphones use that, and use that on other devices like your AV-Receiver at home, your Computer, Tablet, everything uses the same Standard. It delivers the best quality audio (depends on the DAC/AMP before the jack), it's simple to use, it doesn't break, it doesn't take your ability to listen to music while you charge. And you don't have to Charge up another device that "needs to be at full charge all the time".

If you really think, this becomes obsolete( Why does it become obsolete? Because Apple want to push their bluetooth-headphone-sales?), or "need" to be replaced, then you simply have zero clue about how all this works on a technical standpoint. This is just you defending a stupid choice from Apple, removing something that works perfectly and simple - making it for users more complicated to use their phone to listen to music, Period.

You can live with this choice. You can go for a workaround with the Adapter (which isn't an Adapter, but an external Soundcard btw, since it features the Audiochip, that was included in the iphone itself before), or you can find any other workaround, that works for you.

But Nothing of all this would mean you have to actually LIKE that the headphone jack was removed.

TL;DR:

- No, the Headphone jack is a Standard that will not die. This isn't a standard that was made only for phones. whole Music industry uses it (well as 6.3mm version, and not 3.5mm, still the same connector), that will live on. And this has a good reason: There is nothing wrong with the Headphone jack.

- No, it does NOT "need" to be replaced. And even IF, untill today, it was not replaced. It was just removed. Learn the difference. Apple did not replace it with ANYTHING at all. They just reduced the Option to use headphones by 1. When there is something better, THEN it can/need to be replaced, not a second earlier. Like with USB 3.0 --> USB-C (different connector, has only advantages in every aspect).

If they did the same with USB, then all PCs, Notebooks, Smartphones wouldn#t have ANY USB at all, because it was simply completely removed. And many years later, they would introduce USB-C. This is simply not how a "replace" works, so it's not possible to talk about a "replace" here.

- Apple did remove it, so people would buy their expensive wireless-beats, that are still garbage even after Apple bought them off. Or their 170€ Airpods, that work fantastic (connection, charging etc), but still sound like 15€.

Why is it so difficult for you fanboys to just accept the FACT, that the User itself has only Disadvantages with the removal of the Headphone jack?

Those who used it, can use it. Those who use bluetooth, can use just that. The Jack won't eat them up suddenly, or pierce through their skin. Noone has a disadvantage if it stays. But most have, if it gets removed.

Like i said, you can live with it if you don't want to buy another phone, or whatever. But don't blindly defent this stupid retarded choice like people who don't have any knowledge about how this tech actually works (Fun Fact: The retard that announced the removal of the headphone jack on stage is a living proof, that Apple has no fundamental knowledge about how Audio actually works)

This is absolutely no offence or insult or anything. But this Quoted Comment is just pure Retardness, Sorry.

You did try factory reset right? owo

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600(ASUS Performance Enhancement), 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,7MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1.5GHz 10.54 TFLOPS (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-III-X12-5900X (Gaming PC)

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35,3MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X(ECO mode), 12-cores, 24-threads, 4.5/4.8GHz, 70.5MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2.6GHz 10.6 TFLOPS (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

18 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

iPhone 6S+ is the best iPhone ever made. Last one with a headphone jack and still has stuff like 4K video.

It is also the least capable iPhone of playing Fortnite, if your into that.

22 hours ago, DocSwag said:

What's wrong with 6s? Honestly it's the best phone Apple has pushed out in recent times, and was a step above all the competition at the time (and this is coming from an android user).

22 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

wtf, The 6 Plus is garbage. The 6s Plus is a million times better and has a headphone jack. 

Might be referring to 6s Plus.

Bear in mind I try to avoid Apple products.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

On 6/23/2018 at 9:58 AM, huilun02 said:

Someone upset with all of Android when his almost three year old phone with 2525mAh battery wanes on him

Probably deserves to join the Apple flock

heyayay. I'm dissatisfied with the lack of support from OnePlus their and battery optimization too. I don't like modded versions of android so I'm basically limited to Oneplus or Google phones. However, Google phones are too expensive for me. Let's not forget that the iPhone 6s has a 1715 mAh battery and better battery life after a similar period of time so i think it's unjust to imply the OPX's battery is inadequate.  

On 6/23/2018 at 10:41 AM, ThePsychoToad said:

I've had an OP3 since release 2 years ago and it's actually gotten stronger with age. The first 6 months had some rocky battery life but with updates through to Oreo it still gets a full day. The Snapdragon 820 and 6GB RAM mean I haven't had any noticeable slow downs. Value for money I don't think an OP is beatable and since nothing crashes I wouldn't say Android is unstable at all. 

Maybe consider an OP5? Or other cheaper flagship from last year? 

Don't fall into the trap of thinking having a Mac must equal iPhone.

Cheers for the insight! It's interesting how we have had such varying experiences! OnePlus does not officially provide support from my phone any more and this seems to have started just after one year of it's release date so you can see why i'm a little miffed haha. Interesting, mine crashes all the time and even after a whole factory reset.

I do think the closeness of the apple ecosystem is rather cool though :)