How much wattage do I need to oc 1070ti

My current rig is: 

-I5 7500

-1050ti

-8gb ram

-450W psu (VS450 from Corsair)

I'm gonna get a 1070ti, so I'm gonna need a new psu, I was thinking of getting maybe 700watts, but I'm not sure if it's enough to oc it, or if I can get a lower wattage psu to save some money.

2 minutes ago, TF54 said:

I'm gonna get a 1070ti, so I'm gonna need a new psu, I was thinking of getting maybe 700watts, but I'm not sure if it's enough to oc it, or if I can get a lower wattage psu to save some money.

What "450W PSU" do you have?
450W tells us as much as "a red car". 

We need the maker and the model, if you don't know then make a picture of the PSU.

For that Graphics card a good wquality 450W is more than enough.

700W is something for a High End Desktop System -> Threadripper LGA20xx with one or more Ultra High End Graphics cards.

Not something you need.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

The PSU you have is probably fine unless it's a shit one, you'll probably struggle to pull more than 350W from the wall with that setup.

Also, 1070Tis don't really overclock much, if at all.

Pascal cards don't overclock that much, so even the PSU you have right now should work. Can you tell us the make and model?

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

34 minutes ago, TF54 said:

My current rig is: 

-I5 7500

-1050ti

-8gb ram

-450W psu

450W is fine, but what 450W unit do you have?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

20 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

What "450W PSU" do you have?
450W tells us as much as "a red car". 

We need the maker and the model, if you don't know then make a picture of the PSU.

For that Graphics card a good wquality 450W is more than enough.

700W is something for a High End Desktop System -> Threadripper LGA20xx with one or more Ultra High End Graphics cards.

Not something you need.

I'm sorry I don't know jack about psu's it's the vs450 from corsair

Vs450 from Corsair

19 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

450W is fine, but what 450W unit do you have?

vs450 from corsair

23 minutes ago, TF54 said:

vs450 from corsair

Ah, well yeah let's replace that.

For a 1070 Ti you don't need much. See if you can find a Corsair TX550M, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, Bitfenix Whisper, or EVGA G2/G3 for a good price. 550W is fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||