NVIDIA Launching Next Generation GPUs In Q318

OK, wasn't going to report this, but hell, why not. Salt is a great seasoning.

According to WCCFTECH, DigiTimes published a report citing an interview of Hsu Wen-Fang, chairman of Power Logic. In this interview, Wen-Fang:

...stated that his company expects cooling fans sales to go through the roof starting Q3’18 because of next-generation GPUs launching around that time frame.

Further quotes:

NVIDIA has silently been preparing the launch of their brand new lineup for quite some time now and this is the second somewhat concrete source that we have heard tell about the expected time frame, the first being the HotChips presentation. Since Hot Chips presentations usually happen after the launch, the tentative timeline for launch now appears to be somewhere before that date.

Keep in mind, however, that NVIDIA usually favors launch dates at the beginning/end of a quarter (so they can get the full financial impact in the next quarter) and that could translate to a launch happening sometime in July – which would also fit nicely with the Hot Chips presentation in August. Unless the company decides to screw convention and simply release architectural details at Hot Chips without actually launching the next-gen GPU lineup yet.

Now, I will leave the rest for you to look at if interested, but i do want to point out that I think that last quote is actually pretty on point. I certainly wouldn't be discussing "nex-gen" anything if I didn't already have it at the very least announced to the public. But that's just me.

Agreed? Discuss below and let's keep it clean and profess... err... just keep it clean, ya?

Source:

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-next-generation-gpu-q3-18-power-logic/

16 minutes ago, AtlasWraith said:

According to WCCFTECH

You could get an article on there with about 10 minutes work. Make a slide or spreadsheet with some "leaked" info, post it on a Chinese forum, and bam, top story on WCCFTech.

This is more like a guess based on little bits of information coming in from fan manufacturers. 

It's credible to some extent, atleast you know a big player is gobbling up the fans for "something"???

Whether its a new graphics line or not is up for debate

People die for new information on hardware, especially GPUs. So it's very exciting to see new info, be it from leaks or rumors. That's what WCCFtech is about, feeding that hunger, and they do it really well I guess.

16 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

This is more like a guess based on little bits of information coming in from fan manufacturers. 

It's credible to some extent, atleast you know a big player is gobbling up the fans for "something"???

Whether its a new graphics line or not is up for debate

Well said, fren. I think at the very least, stuff like this article COULD have the potential to put some pressure from consumers on the manufactures to release some legitimate information on whatever the new tech is. In this case, maybe NVidia will get pressured into at least announcing the official names and a few official specs prior to a reveal or something.

24 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

People die for new information on hardware, especially GPUs. So it's very exciting to see new info, be it from leaks or rumors. That's what WCCFtech is about, feeding that hunger, and they do it really well I guess.

Hey, sometimes you gotta have dinner first before you can get desserts.

It's pretty much an open secret that Nvidia is launching a new GPU over the next few months. So this is happening one way or another. Wccftech gets a pass this time.

Even if it is true it's not exactly news. We've known for a while that nVidia plans to launch the 11xx series some time in Q3 or Q4

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 hour ago, AtlasWraith said:

WCCFTECH

WTFTech

Disregard.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

Important detail, the presentation is scrapped and probably won't happen.

https://be.hardware.info/nieuws/57877/nvidia-presentatie-over-nieuwe-mainstream-gpus-nu-volledig-geschrapt-uit-programma-hot-chips

Yes it's dutch but the images are all you need to know.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

47 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Important detail, the presentation is scrapped and probably won't happen.

https://be.hardware.info/nieuws/57877/nvidia-presentatie-over-nieuwe-mainstream-gpus-nu-volledig-geschrapt-uit-programma-hot-chips

Yes it's dutch but the images are all you need to know.

Yes, "scrapped". As in "oops we accidentally revealed a graphics card launch so we better remove it for now and hope everything's fine".

They aren't cancelling a launch based on a leak. They'd need a substantial reason to delay. The leak is a minor nuisance.

20 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

You could get an article on there with about 10 minutes work. Make a slide or spreadsheet with some "leaked" info, post it on a Chinese forum, and bam, top story on WCCFTech.

The sad part is that this actually happened in the past, literally.

People still waiting for the Ryzen 7 2700X to be a 5ghz 12c/24t CPU? lolz I loved how WCCFTech gets any credit indeed, I personally still believe Turing cards are only coming next year... nVidia literally only has to gain by keep milking Pascal this year.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

People still waiting for the Ryzen 7 2700X to be a 5ghz 12c/24t CPU

Hahaha LOL xD