Upgrading my pc!

Joey96

Hey guys!

So I'm planning a little upgrade for my pc, I've never built my own pc, but I just did buy a new motherboard, cpu, ram and gpu, so I've done a little bit, but never the full experience with case and fan installation, which is what I'm planning to do! And that is also why I would like some help from you pros! :D

I was wondering if anyone of you had some good recommendations for some mid cases, something like the TD500L or the MasterBox Lite 5 RGB? And should I buy a case with pre-installed fans or should I pick some myself? And if I'll be picking the fans myself, which would be good? I do like that it's mostly quiet.

I've been looking up the Cooler Master Masterbox TD500L or the Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 RGB any advice?

Thanks for helping the noob! :D

If you are looking for a great case to start with but with a low price, I would definitely recommend the NZXT S340. It has one 120mm and one 140mm case fan, has great airflow and the red color looks really cool.

For a case fan, if you want to be silent then the be Quiet Silent Wings 3 is a good choice for the money. But if you want that RGB action then a Corsair HD120 or LL120 is the way to go.

The Masterbox 5 is what I have and it is a pretty good case for what it costs. You get a full side panel, but it isn't tempered glass. The front and side panels are also huge finger print magnets, so that is something to keep in mind. On the top and bottom in front of the case, are these things 

s6_pic.png

and I had red preinstalled, and black and white included in my package, so that was a nice touch. The PSU shroud helps a lot with cable management, and the 2 drive cages are enough for an SSD and HDD. It does fit a 290MM GPU like my R9 270X, perfectly fine. It supports ATX, Micro ATX and Mini ITX motherboard screws. 2 USB's on the front are cool, and the design looks nice. Inside, I got a little bag full of standoffs, around 10 - 12, and screws for my hard drive and side panel. 

Overall, for what I paid for it, it comes with a lot of features. Definitely a good buy. I paid $53 for it and was worth it. By the way, this is not the RGB version.

master-box-lite5b.jpg

hi.

55 minutes ago, Joey96 said:

7 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

The Masterbox 5 Lite/RGB is trash and has no airflow

Just buy any old cash with front mesh so you have decent airflow, the Silverstone RL06 Pro is really nice if your components fit and you can find one

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

so i know someone with a masterbox 5 lite and @Streetguru said they don't cool well.

he has got a 1060 and 1500x and he needs to have fan outside of his case or remove the front to run at decent temps. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

13 minutes ago, Joey96 said:

Ahh okay, cuz I have a 1070 with a ryzen 7

Yeah, forgot to mention the airflow is shit in the front. Don't risk it with these components.

hi.

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Yeah, forgot to mention the airflow is shit in the front. Don't risk it with these components.

damn sucks! Cuz i like the design much :( you know about the TD500L? 

23 minutes ago, Joey96 said:

damn sucks! Cuz i like the design much :( you know about the TD500L? 

That one has their 3D mesh thing I think, should be fine but do we even know a release date?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

That one has their 3D mesh thing I think, should be fine but do we even know a release date?

On danish websites it says it should be in stock the 22th this month

On 13/6/2018 at 9:09 AM, AskTJ said:

I ended up with ordering the corsair 460x rgb xD now I just hope that's a good enough case