Pc upgrade

So I was thinking of adding a graphics card to my old system and I found a great deal on a gtx 760 2gb.

Will it be ok to add it with a q6600 or should a look for something lighter? 

It's an okay pairing. The GPU is definitely stronger, but it's not so strong that the CPU will always be holding it back. What are you paying for it though?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's an okay pairing. The GPU is definitely stronger, but it's not so strong that the CPU will always be holding it back. What are you paying for it though?

70$

18 minutes ago, Awesumneo said:

So I was thinking of adding a graphics card to my old system and I found a great deal on a gtx 760 2gb.

Will it be ok to add it with a q6600 or should a look for something lighter? 

8 minutes ago, Awesumneo said:

70$

$ 70 for a GTX 760 2 GB seems an OK price to me.

Also, if your motherboard supports it, I would consider overclocking your CPU so you will be able to harvest all of the performance of the GTX 760.

You've mentioned you had an old system. Make sure your power supply is up to the task of powering a graphics card on top of the other components.

What about a 750ti? It can be had for around $40 and performs very well for what it is worth.

hi.

I am looking for the latest quad core processor or one that can handle game development (I running programs). 

15 minutes ago, HUNRGYBEAR said:

I am looking for the latest quad core processor or one that can handle game development (I running programs). 

Make a new thread. Welcome to the forums. Also state which programs you use)

15 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

What about a 750ti? It can be had for around $40 and performs very well for what it is worth.

750ti was my primary target but there was no good deal here in india. 

One deal I found was for a gtx 750 1 gb 

For 40 $ which was pretty insane considering the card was 2 yrs old and besides it only had 1gb of vram. 

Other deal for 750ti 2gb are also insanely overpriced. 

dont buy old hardware if you can buy new , 700 series are way worse than 10 series in performance, your 750ti could be a brick in 1 year. its not only power , efficency its important for future proofness

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

10 hours ago, Peskanova said:

dont buy old hardware if you can buy new , 700 series are way worse than 10 series in performance, your 750ti could be a brick in 1 year. its not only power , efficency its important for future proofness

I do have another rig for that. 

It's just my old pc which was lying unused. The Integrated Graphics media accelerator with G31 mobo is not enough to run the media at 1080p monitor. Therefore I'm adding a GPU whichever I can find at a good deal. 

Found better deal with same price on R9 285.

I am looking to run Unreal Engine, Blender, After Effects, Autodesk Entertainment Pack and Fl Studio 12

I am looking for a qaud core  processor that can handle all my programs and open to suggestions. 

I will also be multi-tasking. 

6 minutes ago, HUNRGYBEAR said:

I am looking to run Unreal Engine, Blender, After Effects, Autodesk Entertainment Pack and Fl Studio 12

I am looking for a qaud core  processor that can handle all my programs and open to suggestions. 

I will also be multi-tasking. 

You need to make a new thread for your question.

Otherwise the forum will become a soup of questions, answers, comments etc.

On 12/6/2018 at 1:36 PM, JoostinOnline said:

Which psu do you think will be better

Corsair VS Series or Cooler Master Masterwatt lite. (mwe)

1 hour ago, Awesumneo said:

Which psu do you think will be better

Corsair VS Series or Cooler Master Masterwatt lite. (mwe)

They're both absolutely horrible, bottom of the barrel. Don't get either.

Take a look at the tier list in my signature. Get something that is at least Tier 3.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440