Monitor shuts off randomly occasionaly

FYZX7

I don't really know what details to give about this issue, it literally shuts off randomly from time to time for a second and that's it.

LG 27MP37VQ-B, latest GPU drivers, display eco mode off, eco-timer settings on Windows also off and PC set to high performance.

If you need other specific details ask, I myself don't know what other information to provide, this is weird. 

Do you hear anything when it shuts off like a snapping sound? How old is your system and monitors?

3 hours ago, Finnskii said:

Do you hear anything when it shuts off like a snapping sound? How old is your system and monitors?

There's no sound coming from the monitor when shutting off, the monitor is about 2,5 years old and the only part in my PC which is out of date is my PSU which still is doing its job well since 2012. Besides that I'am still on Haswell with an i5 4460 and a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard.

Try another device and see if it shuts off. If it does we know that it is the monitor's fault but if it doesn't then it could be your GPU.

On 6/11/2018 at 4:08 PM, FYZX7 said:

shuts off randomly from time to time for a second

Does this mean it flickers on and off?

On 12.6.2018 at 5:32 PM, Finnskii said:

Try another device and see if it shuts off. If it does we know that it is the monitor's fault but if it doesn't then it could be your GPU.

If you mean by flickering that black frames get inbetween the normal frames and the picture changes from the given screen to a blackscreen multiple times a second then no. It just turns off for a second or two and turns back on, it happens rarely, I even forget that I made this topic here until it happened during my best lap in Project Cars 2 destroying the whole performance. It happens rarely enough that I could spend about 8 hours staring at the screen looking if it'll turn off or not, and it not happening will not prove its not there since it's purely random. Nothing really triggers it, it just happens. :/

On 12.6.2018 at 5:32 PM, Finnskii said:

What I just noticed since it actually started to happen more frequently during Project Cars 2, when ever it shuts off, the led of the monitor power button is still on.

If you are using HDMI this can happen when you have variable framerates. AMD gpus have an ensure HDMI link setting but doesn't always work and seems to have no fix. If you are using display port then perhaps just a bad cable.