Urgent - Phone stolen. How do I unsync it from my gmail?

danforz

Hello everyone.

Full Story (scroll down to "help me" section to get to the point)

Thank you for reading this. I've been trying to trouble shoot the issue to no avail. 

I'm in Mexico and my phone is stolen. I can see where it was as of 3 hours ago - close to where I originally lost it. The phone has finger print, iris, and pattern locks on it, so I can't imagine the guy can get in. Nonetheless, I'm concerned as my work email, personal email, instagram, Facebook, etc. are all associated with the device. 

Trouble Shooting Efforts Thus Far and Problem

The phone has multiple email accounts associated with it. I logged into a google from a separate computer and used the original email address I associated with the phone. I went into google's "Find your phone" feature, where I was able to track the phone's location last night. It was still on at the time. I hit the "erase device" button, which prompted a notification stating "trying to reach your device to erase it" or something like that. The prompt thereon went away and nothing happened. 

This morning, I checked again and it said the phone was "last seen" 2 hours ago in the same area. I tried locking the phone, with a message for a reward upon its return. However, it seems at this point the phone is off and, like last night, it simply says "trying to contact your device" and does nothing.

I am unsure at this time if I'll be able to contact the phone, even when it is turned on. For whatever reason, my google command to erase the phone did NOT work last night - maybe because it is on roamin? And I'm concerned now that such commands will not go through, even after the phone is subsequently turned on.

HELP ME! - Unsyncing my Device from Email

If I cannot access the phone, the easiest thing to do would be to unlink the gmail accounts from the phone. Shockingly, I cannot find a simple place to unsync my email addresses the phone. I would appreciate your input here on what to do. 

Thank so much guys, this has been a really awful experience. 

Simply changing your gmail-password should work.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Simply changing your gmail-password should work.

Will that really solve the issue? 

I was under the impression that if I changed the password, it would automatically update the phone with the new password and will continue to be synced. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

It did work in the past and I see no reason why they would've changed it, but I, obviously, cannot say for certain that it works that way now.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, danforz said:

I was under the impression that if I changed the password, it would automatically update the phone with the new password and will continue to be synced. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

It will.

You can also click the button "remove this account from all devices" button that should be somewhere around in your Google settings.

Just now, Some Random Member said:

It will.

You can also click the button "remove this account from all devices" button.

Where is that button?

2 minutes ago, danforz said:

Where is that button?

1. Log In to your Gmail account.
  2. On Right Bottom side, Click on ‘Last Account Activity’ ‘Details link’
  3. Now, click on “Sign Out of All Other Web Sessions”

i copied this text from some article, but by my memory it should be pretty similar to that.

10 minutes ago, danforz said:

It won’t anymore. You can log into your google account and use the find my device manager to wipe the phone which enables the locked device screen; making it mush harder for anybody to use your phone since it requires the new google password (which you should change) before the phone can be activated. Also, report the phone as stolen to your carrier so that the IMEI can be blacklisted, preventing anyone else from activating the phone. 

8 hours ago, danforz said:

Hello everyone.

Full Story (scroll down to "help me" section to get to the point)

Thank you for reading this. I've been trying to trouble shoot the issue to no avail. 

I'm in Mexico and my phone is stolen. I can see where it was as of 3 hours ago - close to where I originally lost it. The phone has finger print, iris, and pattern locks on it, so I can't imagine the guy can get in. Nonetheless, I'm concerned as my work email, personal email, instagram, Facebook, etc. are all associated with the device. 

Trouble Shooting Efforts Thus Far and Problem

The phone has multiple email accounts associated with it. I logged into a google from a separate computer and used the original email address I associated with the phone. I went into google's "Find your phone" feature, where I was able to track the phone's location last night. It was still on at the time. I hit the "erase device" button, which prompted a notification stating "trying to reach your device to erase it" or something like that. The prompt thereon went away and nothing happened. 

This morning, I checked again and it said the phone was "last seen" 2 hours ago in the same area. I tried locking the phone, with a message for a reward upon its return. However, it seems at this point the phone is off and, like last night, it simply says "trying to contact your device" and does nothing.

I am unsure at this time if I'll be able to contact the phone, even when it is turned on. For whatever reason, my google command to erase the phone did NOT work last night - maybe because it is on roamin? And I'm concerned now that such commands will not go throuaccgh, even after the phone is subsequently turned on.

HELP ME! - Unsyncing my Device from Email

If I cannot access the phone, the easiest thing to do would be to unlink the gmail accounts from the phone. Shockingly, I cannot find a simple place to unsync my email addresses the phone. I would appreciate your input here on what to do. 

Thank so much guys, this has been a really awful experience. 

You should be able to wipe the device from your Google Account Dashboard. You can lock your device, Call your phone, Sign out of your phone, Reach out to your carrier, or nuke your phone and delete all the data. Just go to Accounts.google.com and sign in to your account. Under Sign-in $ Security you should see find my phone. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Google's "Find my phone" service should let you wipe everything